Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

shockwears

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 11:39 PM
jt
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shockwears

are they really worth the money or is it a waste? are they reliable and stain-resistant (clay,mud,etc.) ?

Old 06-14-2003, 02:29 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default shockwears

Under most conditions they are helpfull. But, when you go under deep water, they get wet inside, and then just hold the water in there. I pull them off for deep water crossings.

Old 06-16-2003, 03:37 AM
Range Rover
Default shockwears

IM not sure i plan to buy some too. IM buying them to hide my old tired *** shocks. I would have to say they are definately worth it to protect or hide shocks from the world. They have them for 40 at rocky mtn atv for the set of 3. I plan to order them as soon as my quad isnt in 1000 pieces.

Old 06-16-2003, 07:19 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Default shockwears

worth the money for sure

Unless you like being able to see your springs.

Old 06-16-2003, 07:23 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Default shockwears

Shockwears are very durable and resistent.
There are copycats that make similar products that may not be as good. Shockwears are fine though. Easy to take off, and clean. We actually just bought a copy brand off of ebay for the Scram. I'll let you know how they work out. A whole set can be had for $25. Dont get ripped off.

Old 06-16-2003, 07:25 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Default shockwears

Icehouse, what quad are you building? I plan to hide my tired *** LT shocks with a set.

Old 06-17-2003, 01:45 AM
Range Rover
Default shockwears

I have an 89 lt 250r that smokes raptors and banshees all the time. THe motor has about evrything you can have done to it, done . I havent had it dynoed but I built it exactly like my friend who had like 50 hp. It isnt a big bore either actually i got it resleeved and is only a stock 246 cc. Its kinda funny though cuz i got the bike for 1800 and put 2000 into the motor and some of that money went toward aluminum parts to make it lighter. I drive a truck for a living and brought it to work and put it on a scale and it weighs like 285 lbs which is relatively light. The bike looks like a 1800 bike still though and people laugh at it sometimes ,but it flys. I ordered a ton of new parts for it and am repainting the a-arms, steering stem, etc..and i bought a polishing wheel too polish all the aluminum( the whole motor is aluminum!). I also got one of those 426 pc stainless steel bolt kits from ebay and i love it. Alot of the bolts were rusting and the allen head bolts from the kit look trick to me. I priced some of the bolts at the hardware store and 1 a-arm bolt would cost 3 to 4 bucs. I paid like 70 with shipping for the whole kit. Some people sell just the ss motor kit for 75, so i am happy. Anyway it is such a long process to rebuild but its kinda my summer project. I have a blue frame and am painting the a-arms black and stem black. IM gonna get maier black shiny plastic too when the bike is done, I think itll look good. The whole bike should be blue and black or polished when i am done. All this isnt really costing that much, about 150 in new bearings and misc. parts, then the 250 for new plastic later on. The grinder and polishing wheels cost like 70. Id like new shocks but they cost so much( thats where the shockwears come in), and ,i hear the works shocks arent any better than stock exept that they are new. I wish someone would just make new 250r's, since all the new 4-strokes seems so inferior. They have their strong points but i wouldnt get one unless it was close to free. IF anyone disagrees with that they are delusional and trying to convince themselves that the 6500 thay paid was worth it. Hey i just moved to cali from seattle, long live WHITE CENTER!

Trending Topics

Old 06-17-2003, 02:42 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Default shockwears

why did you move to cali???

Old 06-17-2003, 02:44 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Default shockwears

when i get my LT done,,,,come back up,,,,with your lt,,,so I have something to pace off of.

I may even smoke ya

I'd like to hear more about your lt

Old 06-17-2003, 05:06 AM
Range Rover
Default shockwears

I know my lt is fast but it would be nice to have something to compare it to, you dont see a whole lot of lts that are fast out there.I pretty much copied my friends set up so our bikes are the same. An LRD pipe and sil are key to making a fast 250r. The guy i know has tried every set up , he has like 5 carbs, pipes, and has had different cylinders ported by different places and has found the best match. I have no problems saying i copied him, he did all the hard work.

Quick Reply: shockwears