Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

?Mr350X?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?Mr350X?

Matt, I've a question for you. I have a recurring problem that I wonder if you, or anyone else, can help me with. Every once in a while my Zilla will just quit on me while riding at slow speeds. After I check for spark(there will be none), I can always disconnect the black wires under the tank and reconnect them and it will crank right back up. This problem seems to be occuring a litle more often, now. I am wondering if there is something wrong with the stock on-off switch or another ground problem. Any ideas?

Old 06-15-2003, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider
Default ?Mr350X?

When you say that you can disconnect those wires, and re-connect them... are you taking the tank off to do that work?
If thats the case, those wires might not even be related to the problem.

It might be that your coil (or?) is overheating from the slow speeds, and the time it takes you to remove the tank ect.,
your letting it cool down, and thats why its firing back up for you.

Next time, just let it sit for a few minutes... then try to fire it up. (without touching anything)

Just something to think about...

-Matt

Old 06-15-2003, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default ?Mr350X?

Yes, the wires are located under the tank: 2 black, a yellow, and a blue. I have my wires routed where I can reach the connectors without removing the tank. I'm thinking about soldering the connections. I've checked the coil with an ohm meter, but not during one of these episodes.