Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Z400 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003 | 02:18 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Z400 Questions

Well Im just now getting into Sport quads so this will be my start out learning quad, so I want it to be relyable and give a little to error. I really do like to jump and do more of the freestyle stuff. As for the frame cracking stuff I think Ill wait and get the 04 model since I know then that will be corrected. Of course though as soon as I get this Z400 I know my fiance will want one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and I might get the Predator as well, but thats not a full thing yet. I went and sat on a predator though and I dont like how ya feel kinda on top of it and the way the seat kinda slumps forward. Does this cause a prob for any Predator owners? Also does the Z400 do real good for night trail riding? I mean are the lights pretty good and all that?

Old 07-10-2003 | 02:50 PM
Trailblazer
Default Z400 Questions

You should check out dirtwheelsmag.com and look for the back issues.OR 4wheelatv.com

Old 07-10-2003 | 03:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default Z400 Questions

Sixxx - I personally do not like the angle that the Predator seat has, but I'm off the seat quite a bit, with whoops, jumps, and hillclimbs, so it real doesn't bother me too much. When I get around to it, I may actually re-stuff the foam in the seat to minimize the angle. I''ve also been looking around for some aftermarket seat options. Not too many Predator owners complain about the seat design, but hands down the the Z has a much more plush and comfortable seat. If you were doing long, casual trails, the Predator seat would become an issue. The headlights on both quads are quite powerful (but I don't ride at night).

Old 07-10-2003 | 09:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default Z400 Questions

the dealer said an axle for them was about $330 - $340, The price I gave them was out of dennis kirk ($386) but they said they get there parts wholesale from the owner of dennis kirk.

chuck

Old 07-11-2003 | 02:13 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default Z400 Questions

Predfan if I were you Id be doin the same thing. I dont know why they made the seat like that cuz to me it would become a problem when Im out riding all day or doin some night trail riding. Wonder if they are gonna fix that issue with the next years release. Monday Im goin down to the local Yamaha/Suzuki dealer to probably get the Z400. Hopefully I can get a white one cuz I just dont care much for that yellow color. Plus with the white I can add decals to it to make it look even cooler than it already is [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Has anyone else added any decals to their Z400? I was lookin at the Flame decals they had in the new issue of Dirtwheels and I think that looks pretty awsome. Just wondered if anyone has gotten them and put them on yet. If so lets see some pics [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2003 | 08:36 PM
Trailblazer
Default Z400 Questions

I have to say I love my Z! I have not been on to many quads before mostly on Ultity types (2 wheel rider for over 30 years)
My wife and I have gone on 3 short trail rides and 2 long 4+ hour rides in the past 2 weeks. the Z400 was very comfortable.
I went up and down some steep hills and never had the feeling I was going to flip over of out of control. Im 200#'s and the front end will only come up if I try to make it come up.

Why do so many people care about top speed? If you want to go fast in a streight line then build a Dragster. dont buy a quad.
it is much funner to rip through trails and jump.
to see some of the trails we ride go the the website below.

Old 07-12-2003 | 01:06 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default Z400 Questions

Surfus I agree with you about the speed to a point. I dont really see why people build quads made to drag unless you are doin professional drag racing. But with the speed it is fun to race em, but I wouldnt want the quad to be racing only cuz I also prefer more jumping and stunts.

Old 07-12-2003 | 02:59 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default Z400 Questions

Hey is there any difference between a 400ex and Z400 other than the 400ex not having reverse?

Old 07-12-2003 | 03:22 AM
Pro Rider
Default Z400 Questions

Hell would freeze over and be run by the tele tubbies befor i traded my KFX for a 400ex. styling for sure, z/KFX look way better!!! Power, very noticable increase in power ( depends on who you ask though).and the kool T shaped seat, one of my favorits. and um, i dunno.....its better???? haha [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2003 | 03:42 AM
Pro Rider
Default Z400 Questions

Originally posted by: Sixxx
Hey is there any difference between a 400ex and Z400 other than the 400ex not having reverse?
I'm not a real experienced drag racer but I can beat a lot more experienced ex riders if they have a stock quad. The z has about 30hp and the ex is about 27. The z has a 399cc engine and the ex hax 397 and the z has a bigger carb. The difference in a short drag isn't awesomely in favor of a z about a quad and a half sometimes two and a half. I think they have about the same top speed. The z motor just has a lot more potential when you start hopping it up.

Quick Reply: Z400 Questions