Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

z mods worth money

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 05:48 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default z mods worth money

is the wiseco 440 big bore kit worth it. it is a 12:5.1 compression. it cost $240. are the hotcams worth it if i used them with the 440 kit. hotcam says that you dont have to change the valve springs, is this true and would i be better off changing them any way. what are the advantages of a aluminum air box over a no lid stock air box. is it lighter or just supposed to be a spiffy looking mod. what are the advantages of a dyno jet kit over stock jets. what type of other mods should i do to get xc type of power. i want a quad that has alot of useable power. im not a peak hp person unless it will help the cause. what size front sproket would compliment this type of power. should it be smaller to give more low end or should i go higher to keep it in the higher more useable gears.

Old 08-01-2003, 02:04 PM
Range Rover

The best mods for the Z are free, or very very cheap.

Gutting the stock pipe, drilling out the pea shooter, removing the snorkle baffle (not the entire snorkle, just the cover on the end of it) and putting some holes in the lid (I used 2 2" holes), then rejetting will offer you significant gains over stock. The only thing you need to buy are some main jets, a couple pilot jets, and a needle from Alba.

Don't worry about big bore yet. Cams are nice, but then you need to get a new rev box too to raise the rev limiter. After than it's big bore kit then a FCR 40mm carb... so, there's a lot of growing room, but stick with the cheap stuff first and you'll be surprised at how much hidden free power is in there.

BTW, I'd stick with Mikuni ("stock") jets over dynojet. Dynojet charges $80 for $10 worth of jets. Plus, if you have a yami dealer in town you should be able to get jets from them too.. the rappy uses the same jets as the Z.

Old 08-01-2003, 09:17 PM
Range Rover

i was just wondering if they are worth it to get them. im not going to get them now i will wait a while and do all the looks and protection mods first.