Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

what would YOU do????

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what would YOU do????

Today when i was out riding i came up on a crossing trail with some really deep ruts so i stopped, well the person following me rammed into the rear of my Z and dented up my stock silencer, he said he saw my brake light but was to late. I am not mad at the guy, stuff happens when out on the trail but he should not have been following so closely. At the end of the day he said he thought he was responsible for the damage and told me to get in touch with him to work something out. Which i thought was a pretty cool thing to do.
My question to YOU is what would you do? I am going to call about how much a stock replacement will cost. And also thought if I just went ahead and got a Pro-Circuit slip on and had him go in halves that would be fair. any feedback is appreciated,
later sparx

Old 10-18-2003, 09:23 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check your PM..........

Old 10-18-2003, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

depends on how big the dent is and if it really effects your ride. In my opinion if it doesnt effect much, I would most likely let it go.

Old 10-19-2003, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ZigZilla
depends on how big the dent is and if it really effects your ride. In my opinion if it doesnt effect much, I would most likely let it go.
yeah........if it is totally messed up don't replace it with a stock one!

Old 10-19-2003, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider

I think making him go halves on a slip on is more than generous of you. He failed to have control of his bike, and damaged yours. A stocker muffler is prob equal or more than a slip on.

Old 10-19-2003, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

thanks for the replies so far guys, i washed up my z today and was looking at the pipe a little more thoroughly and 3/4 of the pipe on the bottom is pretty much flat.
What slip on do you suggest I get and if later on i wanted to add a FMF power bomb header will i be able to? I ask because the diameter of stock and aftermarket would be different to allow more flow right? well, thanks in advance for any replies.
later sparx

Old 10-19-2003, 11:26 PM
Range Rover

Old 10-20-2003, 08:53 AM
Trailblazer

I put on a White Bros E series slip on and love it! I gained some power and it sounds awesome!! Installing a aftermarket header pipe later on was one of my big questions to the dealer when I bought it, and he told me there wasn't any problems fitting a header pipe afterwards. I'm not sure about the FMF, make sure you ask about that particular header pipe when you decide on a slip on.

Old 10-20-2003, 07:03 PM
Trailblazer

WHITE BROTHERS E-SERIES SLIP ON OR FULL SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Old 10-20-2003, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

Well , thats pretty cool that he is willing to help out . I would have told you , you shouldn't have stopped . With the guys I ride with , if your in front you better be moving cause the rest of us will be on your tail . We have to fight with a lot of dust and if your following you have to be 4 to 6 feet behind the leader so you can see , any further back then you might as well just stop and wait for the dust to clear . There has been times where we get about a foot apart . We all have the brake it buy it rule but when it comes to your situation its a toss up .

just my .02

And defiantly go with an aftermarket exhaust but if funds are tight look on ebay , you can find a stock pipe under 50 bucks .