ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Suzuki (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/)
-   -   Friend dieing from z400 crash please pray.. (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/122125-friend-dieing-z400-crash-please-pray.html)

edmondoaaron 10-19-2003 02:27 AM

Friend dieing from z400 crash please pray..

Hey my friend got in this terrible crash this weekend in his z400 and he was going pretty fast about 50-60 and on this logging road he hit a do not enter cable and since he was standing up the cable hit him right in the stomach... Anyway hes in the hospital now and he has a fractured back and his intestined were cut up... He said if he lived he will keep riding... Please pray with me that he lives he is a very close friend and me and lots of other kids care about him...

P.S. No one knows if he will live or die yet so please pray that he will live and not make a mistake like this again.

BigBearAddict 10-19-2003 02:53 AM

you can count on it

edmondoaaron 10-19-2003 02:55 AM

thanks so much... anyone else?

04SuzukiZ250 10-19-2003 03:04 AM

I am praying for your friend. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Bing 10-19-2003 07:18 AM

Hope your friend pulls through OK.

BigBearAddict 10-19-2003 10:00 AM

give us some updates so we can know how everythings going....and yes, I'm praying

Ozark38 10-19-2003 10:02 AM

Sorry to hear that. I'll pray for him too!

I almost ran into one of them, scared the hell outta me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

BigRed1 10-19-2003 10:30 AM

I will pray for your friend two.

donzilla 10-19-2003 11:15 AM

my thoughts are with him . i just lost a long time friend do to a quad crash . so i know how you feel .

Don

CraneMan 10-19-2003 11:42 AM

I said a prayer for your friend as soon as I read this thread and will keep him in my prayers. Incidents like this are a very sobering reminder of just how dangerous riding can be. We should all ride ANY area ALL the way through/around at a moderate pace before we go full throttle.

instigatr 10-19-2003 12:05 PM

let him know we are all thinking of him and wish him a quick and speedy recovery
aaron
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

gduck 10-19-2003 12:11 PM

best wishes

Vinson581 10-19-2003 12:28 PM

yea man i am prayin that he'll be ok
thats gotta be so hard
thoughts are with him

muddysuzuki 10-19-2003 01:37 PM

Our thoughts and prayers are with your friend and his family. And hope that he comes through okay.

We take our youth and health for granted sometimes, its things like this that wake us up. I just had a bad wreck in August while riding way too fast and without my helmet my family would have lost their 27 year old daughter. Do not take chances on your life. Have fun but always do it with safety and some restraint. And appreciate every day that you can get up out of bed and enjoy another day....I do now.

Take care,

April

Mavrick87 10-19-2003 01:40 PM

You Got My Prayer. I Lost My Best Friend In A Dirtbike Accident Last Year. So I Know What Your Going Through. Best Wishes.

TrailBlazerguy250 10-19-2003 01:59 PM

You got my prayer. Hope he makes it .

Zhvonte 10-19-2003 02:00 PM

my prayers goes out also.....

edmondoaaron 10-19-2003 03:35 PM

Thanks for all your prayers guys... and thanks i will give updates on how he is doing and hopefully it will be for the best... he would of died if it wasnt for one of his friends kenton... that also hit the cable but didnt get hurt that badly because he wasnt going as fast on his trailboss and raced back to nick's house to tell nicks mom... not very long after that nick was lifelighted out of the logging road and brought to safety... Kenton was panicking on the way back to nicks house and crashed also but it wasnt very bad...

thanks and keep praying

ZigZilla 10-19-2003 04:46 PM

We are all praying for him[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Lightman02 10-19-2003 08:13 PM

i will definelty pray for him.

------------------
03 z400

Sparx277 10-19-2003 08:52 PM

sorry to hear about your friend, i hope he pulls through.

bootboss 10-19-2003 09:06 PM

im sorry man i can only imagine how u feel i will pray for him and hope he gets better real soon

smokeshizza 10-20-2003 12:22 AM

I am new to this site today, but my thoughts are with him and his family.

manual 10-20-2003 12:50 AM

Update:
Well I visted him at the hospitle on Saturday. He is doing ok, but his insides are pretty bad. His Pancreese(Sp?)(thing that digestes food), was swollen, and couldn't get it back in right so they had to put it in a differnt spot. He went through a 8 hour surgery on his stoumach, and while i was there going through a 4 hour surgery on his spine.(trying to get it fixed before he is paralized). He is concious and writes stuff down when he wants to talk(he has tubes in his mouth). They say he will be in there for about 6 weeks-6 months. But he says hes going to keep riding. Luckly he was riding double with a kid that ended up saving his life, but just shows to stay safe and pay attention.(he got hit by a 3/8 thick logging cable)

vampirerider 10-20-2003 12:51 AM

Just wanted to say that I as soon as I read the title I stopped what I was doing and said a prayer on the spot. I hope all turns out ok.

edmondoaaron 10-20-2003 02:18 AM

Thank you all for praying and helping out... keep it going though... and thanks im sure nick will apreciate it

440EX026 10-20-2003 02:21 PM

My prayers do go out to your friend (and I believe everyone elses around the boards do also) and I hope he recovers 100% and quick as possible.

Its allways both sad and sobering to hear of another rider getting hurt bad etc and a shame that these things happen but there part of our sport.

I can only imagine what was going on in his friends head when riding back for help, that must have seemed like one very long ride and glad to hear he didnt get hurt on those crashes rushing back. I bet he never rode that fast before.

Maybe copy and print this thread and bring to your friend in the hospital to help cheer him up.

SukiZ400rdr 10-20-2003 07:58 PM

Best wishes to your friend, I cant even imagine what that has to be like.
I'll pray for him.

edmondoaaron 10-20-2003 08:09 PM

update:
Just now found out today that the reason why he hit the cable wasnt his fault... he went and asked the old lady if he could ride on her logging road.. she said yes.. and then she forgot to mension that her husband put up a cable on the road for the hunters.. so he hit it and now nicks mom is making josh's grandparents pay for medicle bills are stuff... they also volunteered to help

YFZ450R 10-20-2003 08:21 PM

JESUS CHRIST SHALL LOOK AFTER HIM AND DETERMINE WHAT IS BEST FOR HIM (his friends or heaven!)
i will pray for him to, but what is his name?

edmondoaaron 10-20-2003 08:25 PM

His name is nick and thanks... we think for sure by now that he will most likely live though so thanks for your prayers but keep them comming![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

400EXJumper 10-20-2003 08:48 PM

I feel for your friend and hope the best comes out for him, but someone should smack the sh!t out of his mom! How in the hell is it that ladys fault that he hit the cable? Cable up or not it's not her fault, seems to me they should have been more careful. Even if she told them the cable was up I bet he still would have hit it, seeing how he didn't know exactly where it was. I've been out riding a couple of times where I was haulin a$$ and almost hit barb wire fences because I didn't see them till the last minute. If I hit them it wouldn't be the property owners fault, it would be mine. Fact of the matter is you are taking a chance every time you step on something motorized and nobody can make you take that step but yourself!
I hope your friend turns out ok.

edmondoaaron 10-20-2003 08:54 PM

Hello it kinda is there fault because its not a county cable #1 the cable had no signs#2 it was right behind a sharp corner#3 and the last reason is it wasnt even visible#4 keep on giving good replys though

Charlotte07 10-20-2003 09:14 PM

It's not the ladies fault. That's her property and she doesn't need to have any signs marking cables across a road on HER PROPERTY. Last year I got slapped in the neck by a cable that some jackass construction workers had between two trees, it was technically my fault. I was riding on the land illegally. Though your friend was riding with permission it's still her land and it was not her fault. If he would have hit a tree would it be her fault? Nope. Best of luck to your friend.

CHEWBACCA 10-20-2003 10:07 PM

my thougths and prayers are with him too. the same thing almost happened to me. i was riding home and someone put a chain right between these two trees around a tight corner. it scared the freakin crap out of me i would have gotten close lined and maybe seriously injured. i am very glad to hear that he will probably be ok

GE4x4 10-20-2003 10:27 PM

I hope everything goes well for him and his family. And this just shows we all need to be carefull.

However, hitting the cable was not the womens fault. If this was a know trail and then the lady put the cable up to stop atv's, then it would be her fault. But since it's on her land, she had the right to put up the cable. Then by her giving him permission to ride on her land, it was up to your buddy to scope the trail first before flying down the road. This is the reason why many property owners won't let people ride on there land. Someone gets hurt because of there lack of common sense, then they sue the owner. Again, I hope he pulls through, but the accident was his fault, not the womens.

lt230racer 10-20-2003 10:40 PM

He's got my prayer, whether it was his fault or not.

manual 10-20-2003 10:48 PM

About the rope:
I am not sure if they put it up on there property, I think they may have put it up on warehouser property, to stop quads before they came to there property, but im not sure yet I will end up finding out more about this tomorrow.

yoshimuraRS3 10-20-2003 11:18 PM

Is the bike ok?

Hozed 10-20-2003 11:23 PM

either way i think it is the ladys fault.. i know up here in maine it would be...
all cable going across a trail must be marked by some sort of flag or warning signs... you cant see a cable that well and that cable could have cut his head off!