Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Z400?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 07:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z400?

Yah mine is bone stock and I still love it I am defnetly gonna have to wake it up with a Yoshi pipe. Honda is also a great bike. And I will have to disagree with whoever said that TRX is a bad overall quad my friends 400 is really nice also.

Old 01-12-2004, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default Z400?

great fidge1 you know the whole alphabet im quite supprised to say the least. your the same one who was talking about ripping up all of that guys land, why dont you just shuv it. Id say if your just going all around ridng you should be happy with the Z. definatly has plenty of power for all types of riding and does have reverse if i recall. Ive ridden my friend's and i liked the power stock. its not about what is the fastest but what suits you best and makes you happy.

if your a good rider you can spank somebody on a YFZ if they arent as good. For example: my friend has a modded warrior which is quite peppy (full yoshi proline exaust, high comp wiseco piston and intake) but in the trails my other friend with a beat to hell kawi bayu 220 with no brakes and the rear brake petal bent back under the foot peg from a rock and totally burnt out tires can beat him hands down any day of the week. The kid with the warrior aint that bad either.

if always being the fastest on the strait line drag is for you then dont get the Z but i've ridden them in the trails and they have great even handeling and power characteristics and would probably be a great choice for you. they have reverse and electric start which if you are a woods rider is nice to have no matter what. even if it's light its nice to have and your not racing GNCC the extra 5 lbs, or whatever it is, isnt gonna kill you. if you dont take a crap before you go out thats an extra 2 lbs so just drop the cosbies off at the pool before you ride and that will make up for the reverse weight.

Old 01-12-2004, 01:29 AM
Trailblazer
Default Z400?

I own a Z I picked it over the rapter and the 400ex. My reasons are simple. With dual over head cams it winds up alot quiker than the rapter and can beat it or hold up to it in the first three gears. Me and my buddy both bought our bikes the same day and he was highly upset that I smoked him in a short drag. It loves to fly and lands beautiful. Unfortunately I no longer ride it, my wife took it. I went out and bought a Banshee. I now have the best of both worlds. I love the banshee and will never change, but The Z400 will always have a place in my heart.

Old 02-08-2004, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Z400?

Originally posted by: fourlix
The Z responds very well to a Yoshi slip on and a CDI. Big jump in power. Just got the CDI on E-bay for $99, same as Big Gun. Get 'em while you can.
Do you need to put on stiffer valve springs in order to use a higher rev limit CDI? My two concerns would be 1) valve float causing engine damage, and 2) even if valve float wasn't that bad, you really wouldn't see any gains up top, due to minor valve float causing the timing to slightly change...

Any thoughts?

Old 02-08-2004, 01:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Z400?

I like my z I might trade it but I think ill wait and see if what problems turn up with the new ones first being the guine pig sucks even if you do have a warranty.

Old 02-08-2004, 04:03 PM
Range Rover
Default Z400?

I sure like mine. The only thing I would ever trade it for is the new Z450 when it
comes out. But I will only do that if it has reverse, which it probably wont cuz
it is gonna be more of a racer.
I can live w/o electric start, but it is a nice feature.

Old 02-08-2004, 07:47 PM
Range Rover
Default Z400?

If your planning on mainly trail riding the Z is the best. It would really suck if I had to keep getting off my quad and lifting it while knee deep in mud just to turn it around. LOL what a joke. With a Z you can just back up. You might also consider a Raptor, I've ridden both but I like my Z better.

Old 02-09-2004, 12:11 AM
Trailblazer
Default Z400?

The Z is still a great quad, people will soon realize since yamaha and honda has recently released there bikes that the prices is starting to fall on the z. A guy in the kawi form just bought a kfx for 4800 otd. Now add the price of a pipe(full exhaust),fcr carb,k&n filter and cdi box you to can run with those yammies and hundas and have reverse. Makes logic to me. And the guy that was asking for a great pipe, try HMF or curtis sparks. Great overall power. And for the guy with the patheticor is see there still using the z for a bench mark for there transmission smothness. If you can`t find um grind um.

Old 02-09-2004, 11:49 AM
Range Rover
Default Z400?

Originally posted by: fidge1
THEY R VERY SLOW--------Z----- THE LAST LETTER IN THE ALPHABET AND THE LAST IN A RACE ALSO....
your an idiot. the Z is still beating the YFZ in GNC and GNCC races.

Old 02-29-2004, 11:00 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Z400?

I would go wit a Z There cheaper and you can upgrade them so u can out run a Yama or Honda. Theres soo much u can do to them plus they have reverese