Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

how to make a good jump

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to make a good jump

i was going to make about 6 this summer but i didnt know how long to make them i was think mabey 5 or 6 feet long for my first time jumping or should i make them bigger

Old 01-08-2004, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

Do you mean the ramp for jumping or the actual jump of the quad?

The length of the ramp isn't really that important, though a shorter ramp means a more abrubt takeoff [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

The length of my first ramp (a natural sand one) was about 25 or 30 feet. The actual jump I made off this (it was actually the side of a sand pit about 15' high) was about 28', with maybe 2 feet of air. I worked up from there. The longest jump I've made so far has been about 46 feet. No idea of the amount of air . probably only 2-3 feet. The highest jump I've made is in the order of about 5-6 feet. The warrior comes down with a crunch on those!!!!

Anyway .. I'm not really sure what you're asking, but I hope I was a help.

Old 01-08-2004, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

no 5-6 feet is tiny and you will have fun then you'll get bored real quick

Old 01-08-2004, 09:15 PM
Range Rover

i dont know but i would at least make a landing ramp, hehe

Old 01-08-2004, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

Dont even make a landing ramp, just build a big "bump" thats not too steep and hit that. This way you'll learn how to land flat and wont have to worry about going too far or not far enough to clear the gap. My most favorite jump is one where you come up from a lower level up a dirt like wall and land on the higher surface... which is flat, no landing pad... its like a "natural" jump. Kinda like how NLWarrior01 was explaining.

Old 01-09-2004, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

Hey smity, check this out for building a nice wooden "freestyle" type ramp. Thats about all I could find here on that, but it's still something to read and think about I guess.

Old 01-09-2004, 09:35 AM
Pro Rider

ok thanks u guys so 6 feet is to small for the length im gonna make both a lounch ramp and a landing how long should i make the jumps id like to stay under 15 for a couple practice ones

Old 01-09-2004, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

make yourself a big tabletop too they're the best if your just learning cause if you F up or you want to test out how far you can/will go at a certain speed you dont get nailed or case the landing. they can also be fun to just play around on if you put lips on all four sides of em. Ride wheelies along the top etc. Its a good start if you have the dirt and the equiptment for it

Old 01-09-2004, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, like CTATV said tabletops are fun and good for learners as well, I used to BMX so I know, but good luck if you're doing this by shovel. The only down side of building a tabletop is that it takes a mass amount of dirt, you need to move a lot of it, especially one built for ATV's.

Old 01-09-2004, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

i was thinking of just makeing a dip for the tack off ramp and a dip for the landing and that would be like a table top just nee to curve is right

Quick Reply: how to make a good jump