Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

getting pulled over by the cops for riding on the road

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting pulled over by the cops for riding on the road

Hey CTATV, I hope you didnt register your quad... this state doesnt give us one place to ride, why should we have to register them and pay tax to them when it aint going to go towards anything for ATV's. If anything register your ATV in MASS and pay your tax to them... at least your money will be going towards ORV Recreation like activities. Round here it'll just be going towards the goveners summer home, lol.

Old 01-12-2004, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

I got caught on dirtbikes a few times when I was 14-18. A couple times they just told me to go home then a real **** one caught me and I got 4 tickets. 1) no safety gear 2) no registration 3) improper equipment (no lights or horn) 4) no motorcycle endorsement on my license. The fine was 280 all together, I took it to court and got it knocked down to 140. Back then the cops talked all kinds of trash, just bullying me because I was a kid. Now I ride my quads down the road to test drive and sometime just to blow out the cobwebs when I haven’t rode for a while. Someone a few roads down loves to call the cops if they even hear me in the distance. I don’t go close enough to their street to be filmed, don’t ride around here for more than 10 minutes and the cops can’t do anything without seeing me do it. Every once in a while the cops come after I’ve been riding, but by the time they get here all there is for them to see is a closed garage door and me giving the evil eye. For some odd reason they wont say exactly who it is that called them.

Old 01-12-2004, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

ahhahahahaa ahmen to that my friend. rowland is F*cked big time. Somebody I know did work on his summer house. they werent any part of the scandle but they are getting investigated anyways lol. yea i have never registered a quad in CT before i would register in MA and have thought about it cause there are some places to ride right over the line on rt. 8

Old 01-12-2004, 02:06 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah I need to get into ctriders.com... pay and become a member and go with them, I might do that.

Old 01-12-2004, 02:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

What kind of roads are you guys talking about anyway??? Should I feel privlaged that here in Missouri I can ride on county roads with no problymns??? I can not ride on city streets or a highway but on county roads I have never had a problym and have even waved to the law as we pass on the road? are some of you guys bannned from ALL roads?????? If so that is bull $h1T!!!!

Old 01-12-2004, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

ThrashAndCrashUntilItsTrash, You dont even know what it's like around here dude.

Old 01-12-2004, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider

man i know how ya all feel, when i go to maine, it is go whereever you want, when you want, and the 2 yea thats right 2 cops in or town wave to us. lol

Old 01-12-2004, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

down here in ohio we're alowed to ride on the county roads whenever we want. but if u go anywhere else your screwed

Old 01-12-2004, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider

yea...here in southern indiana, i ride all the time out on country rodes. I see other people doin it all the time, and the cops dont care as long as you dont go on the main rode through the county because it is kind of dangerous. But i still see people ridin on there all the time. There is even a guy out there that has his quad set up as his main transportation because he is too short for a car, and he jus rides his quad everywhere in the county.

Old 01-12-2004, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: roosthrower
I'm glad my four wheeler is fast. If I saw a cop, I would gun it and head for the nearest trail. I would cut off my four wheeler, wait a while, and find a back way home. Not to many crown victorias can even come close to the acceleration of a banshee. Heck, not to many crown victorias can hang with a 400ex.

Old wise one have you ever heard of a police radio? Or perhaps a police helicopter? Maybe the words..."called for backup". Remember the cop is getting paid to track you down if you run from them all the while your Mommy's calling because your late for dinner and you have to take a bath because tomorrow is a school day. Did you finish that book report???

Running is NOT the thing to do, usually just pisses them off. Roosthrower...when you get your drivers license and a "fast" car try out running the cops and turning down a street and parking real quick. It only works in the movies I promise you.

Rob

Quick Reply: getting pulled over by the cops for riding on the road