Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

octane for high compression LT500

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default octane for high compression LT500

ROG!!!!!!

Great to hear from you!!! I've really missed McDizzy's site, and all the valuable info there... The majority from Doc.
I do keep in touch with him via email, but I miss his valuable info as he spews it. (Have you heard about the latest "wicked" idea?? mebbe your already on the list)
I lost your email address via a horrid puter crash.. and was hoping to get in touch with you.

The thrust washers are GREAT!!! I've got two sets out there running right now... About to be three.
Very much appreciate you building those for me!

Did you happen to get the case/main bearing insert process perfected? I have found that the last guy I paid to do inserts (Brass) ruined my cases...(They cracked completely thru the case)... So I'm hoping I could beg and plead you to do a set for me?

This forum isn't too bad... there's alot of 'my dad can beat up your dad' crap that goes on... I try and give the best advice I am capable of (Scary thought isn't it?) Great to have you aboard!

Best Regards,

Old 02-09-2004, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Zilladaddy500
Duneaddict....do you know of a good custom pipe builder?Vito's performance ran a computer print out of a pipe matching the engine work I had done...right now I have a FTZ Drag pipe on it and it work's ok,but from what I read the stinger diameter maybe too small in diameter,holding too much heat,and that sux.
Hmm, I don't know of any custom builders... so I built my own.... very rough for the first try at it.
You actually got Vito to do 500 work? I didn't think he would go there anymore... That's great!!

Here's how I did mine... The porting software I used also gave pipe dimensions, so I figured out how many cuts/welds to make the shape I wanted (Every cut shortens the overall length, so that amount must be added)
I had AirCone from Henderson, NV build the cones for me (Very affordable) and I started welding (TIG)
My next one will be more creative... You can look at my pics posted on my profile... It's kinda ugly, but sure works good.

I don't know much about the FTZ pipe and stinger size... I do know there's a problem with the PT pipe, but haven't heard anything about yours... sorry, not much help there.

Good luck!

Old 02-10-2004, 12:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

What's goin on buddy? Man sorry to hear about your case inserts. Did you get them fixed? Can they be fixed is the question. I bet I could fix them even if they're broken so don't throw them out. I can't understand why those things are so hard for people to do. It's not that hard. I had it pretty much figured out before Doc gave me the low down. I was only off by one thousandths of an inch on my calc's and I was on the smallish side, meaning Doc's fit was tighter than my original plan. So if I had done them how I had figured it they definitely wouldn't have broken out, but maybe it would have spun. But that's why he's the Dr. Anyway he swore me to a vow of silence, and I plan to keep it. I will not ever tell a sole how to do it. Since he told me how to do it then I can't in good conscience go ahead and do them for people because I swore I wouldn't. On the other hand I DID say I would be available to do them for him and he has a whole bunch of cases he's going to send me to have done so maybe you could send your cases to him and have "him" (me) do them for you. That's pretty much the agreement we had worked out. OR you could work it out with him ahead of time and just send them to me, let me do the work, and you pay him because if you want them in a hurry it would take longer that way because he sounds pretty swamped. We can work it out somehow. I did mine and they work GREAT! I don't know just talk to him and see what he wants to do, I'd be glad to do them for you the RIGHT way. I never had a problem with cases getting "wallowed" out but I didn't want to either. BTW what mods have you done? Did you go down the Rx list point by point? Didn't he give you the "monster" motor mods? I'm doing my exhaust now and I gotta tell you I'm getting pretty nervous about that final dimension he gave, it sure looks like I'm getting close to cutting through to the water jacket. Talk to you later buddy.
Rog
One more thing - There are several mods I CAN do that I haven't been sworn to silence on, in fact that's the only one I've been sworn to. So if you need any other thing done let me know.

Old 02-10-2004, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds good Rog! I knew he made you swear.... I mean promise a vow of silence... But I thought it was only for passing on the secret, and not performing the work.... I'll fire him up an email, and beg... I'm sending him another full shell (Case,cylinder,crank) for the REAL MONSTER (stroker) Rx.. So I know he's absolutely swamped... I'm willing to bet you'll be working on those pieces too...
I'll pester him, and figure out what he wants to do...No problem.

I won't throw the bad cases away... they might be fixable... I got a real screwing on them... it's pretty aparent that the guy didn't have a clue... This was the last motor that I paid a 'puppy' shop to rebuild... NEVER AGAIN!
They aren't completely broken out, but I can visibly see a long crack around the outside...Thru the JB Weld that they smeared all around it (YIKES!!!) Once I get the cases stripped down, I'll have a better idea what it looks like... You interested in taking a swing at fixing them?

I've done one complete motor with the correct Rx... but it was with the milder specs (I think he gave you). I can tell you... the thing really snorts compared to a stocker!!! Runs way better than the port specs I came up with... Especially with a 140# rider.... She eats them pesky banshees for breakfast!

I'm working on my personal motor now..(The one with the broken cases) and will do the wildest specs he posted on Dizzy.... I actually just found another cylinder that I will use instead of my original. I too am concerned with the dimensions of that exhaust port.. I was worried more about ring support than cutting thru the water jacket... So I guess I better watch that one too.

I know we visited a little about some of the machine work you can do.... And I'll probably have you work up a couple of cylinder heads for me... since I don't have the right equipment (And don't trust just anybody)
Do you also have boring capabilities? I've got another jug that needs bored before I start my port grinding... If so, I'll order up a piston and get ready.

I'll be in touch bud! Thanks!!

Old 02-10-2004, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider

Hmm, ever taperbored a carb before? I've got a VM44 that I'd like to open up a little...

Old 02-10-2004, 05:58 PM
Range Rover

Thank's for the info. Duneaddict,Maybe I could get you to build me one,Hint,Hint,Hint.,But really thank's.

Old 02-11-2004, 01:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

I just sent Doc a PM about everything we talked about, should hear something by tomorrow. Taper-boring, no problem as long as you know the dimensions you want. I've got a good idea how I would do it but if you've got something in mind then tell me. Send it to me and pay the shipping both ways and consider it done. I can bore your cylinder, I bored my own and had a local engine builder hone it, I don't have my own hone yet, this guy does great work, I've had him hone 3 of my cylinders I think the honing cost $25. As far as your broken cases go, epoxy is probably as good a fix as you can do unless you have them TiG welded and I don't know if that would work because if it broke where I think it did the material is pretty thin there for one and two I would be concerned about warping. I'd weld them for you if you decide you need to go that route, I'd just clamp them together good and tight and put an old crank in through the bearing sleeves to keep everything straight and let it cool like that, that'd probably work.
So you're doing the 650 Monster huh? Shhhh, Top Secret stuff and all. Very good. That thing is going to rock! So I'll probably be working on your motor after all. I know the machining details on that one too but again cannot speak a word of it to any living soul (Classified you know). On the other hand all other mods are fair game, not that I'd give out any info but I can do the work for people. In all honesty if someone asked me how to do certain modifications I'd tell them everything I know EXCEPT the stuff I promised I wouldn't, but basic tuning stuff and things like that, no problem, I agree with Rick, it shouldn't be a secret.

Old 02-11-2004, 03:30 AM
Pro Rider

Hi guys .....it's me again. I found a place that makes or can make custom pipes......Go to----------------->Shearer Pipes Hope this helps you guys that asked for it.

Hey Duneaddict and Rog31 I heard 650cc in your guys' conversation, interesting......I've seen a 641cc ZILLA on Ebay a while back. It consisted of doin (what I've heard very few times) I guess they call it the SEA-DOO Jug modification, BUT I heard the word "stroker" in there somewhere also....I take it you guys are going stay with Suzuki jug? Did hear Banshee eater too...wait thats my ego sorry.......

later
Superstar

Old 02-11-2004, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Zilladaddy500
Thank's for the info. Duneaddict,Maybe I could get you to build me one,Hint,Hint,Hint.,But really thank's.
I don't know about that one.... I have TONS of hours in my awful looking pipe... Guess I'm way too **** about perfect welds, etc, etc... I now have a full appreciation of why aftermarket pipes are so expensive...
I have heard of Shearer pipes before... keep us posted if you find out anything interesting...

Old 02-11-2004, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LT250RSuperstar

Hey Duneaddict and Rog31 I heard 650cc in your guys' conversation, interesting......I've seen a 641cc ZILLA on Ebay a while back. It consisted of doin (what I've heard very few times) I guess they call it the SEA-DOO Jug modification, BUT I heard the word "stroker" in there somewhere also....I take it you guys are going stay with Suzuki jug? Did hear Banshee eater too...wait thats my ego sorry.......

later
Superstar
650 What? When? where??? Musta been a typo... I plead the 5th! I know Nnnnnoooothing!
I did say stroker... but I mean Ford Powerstroke.... Ummm Yeah! That's what I meant.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

I have heard about the Sea-doo piston/mod/build performed by Mac Racing (I think)... I'll bet Zilladaddy can elaborate more on that one for us... for all who are curious.

I think we're talking a little beyond banshee eater at this point... more like $5K Cheetah eater now (However much they cost)...

Quick Reply: octane for high compression LT500