Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Quadracer easy clutch...what stuff do u recommend?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quadracer easy clutch...what stuff do u recommend?

My clutch is like impossible to pull on the 'Racer. I have gotten used to it, but since riding newer 300 and 400 EX's, i just want an easier clutch. I was lookin through all my magazines, and found JL Atv had the best stuff. I was looking at getting a new motion pro cable, a PEP EZ clutch arm (reduces pull by 30%), and a PEP Power Clutch lever assembly (also said to reduce pull by 30%). I figured that should be pretty good on getting the pull a little easier. If it was still hard, i could get an O'Neal Easy Clutch cable add-on (which says to reduce by 40%) but it also looks like crap. I dont really wanna replace the clutch springs either..Oh, and i was gonna get a parking brake block off kit from them while i was ordering, because the new lever replaces the E-brake. Just wanted to know everyone else's setup, and how it works....

All these parts can be found here...

JL Atv

On the right side, just click on Clutch Arm, Clutch Lever, Easy Clutch, Cables, and Block-Off Plate...the parts should come up.

Old 02-05-2004, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

Try replacing the OEM clutch cable first. Once they start to corrode inside a little bit, and maybe the cable frays a bit, they are absolutely stubborn to pull. My LT's clutch pull is smooth as silk and its bone stock. I just replaced the cable because my old one broke and the difference was night and day. Just a thought before you spend all the money on the upgrades.

Old 02-06-2004, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

Check your clutch basket first, if the fingers have waves or grooves in them it needs to be smoothed or replaced. This will cause hard clutch pull, that was my problem.

I now run a hinson basket with a new cable and the longer lever on the bottom and the clutch is easy to pull, like it should be.

Old 02-06-2004, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

What is the difference from a OEM basket to a Hinson. My drive gear is starting to get loose and it makes a HELL of a chattering noise when its idling, and Im considering a Hinson. Is the price comparable aslo? And lastly where can I find such a wonderful product?

Old 02-06-2004, 06:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: LT250Rodney
What is the difference from a OEM basket to a Hinson. My drive gear is starting to get loose and it makes a HELL of a chattering noise when its idling, and Im considering a Hinson. Is the price comparable aslo? And lastly where can I find such a wonderful product?
Common thing with those bikes I think. My clutch basket also makes some pretty good noise until you pull it in. A new cable will often do wonders for the clutch pull.

Old 02-06-2004, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

well...im still not sure...i thought the main lever would improve looks too because it just looks like crap with all the E-Brake stuff on it...with just a new cable, is it like new 300ex smooth...or is it still kinda hard to pull? because i want it to be effortless...Oh and sorry for comparing the LT to a Honda...haha...its just the only thing my friends have...need to teach them a lesson.

Old 02-06-2004, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

Making your clutch nice and smooth will be a process of elimination. Start with the least expensive part, and go from there. It's easy to take the clutch cover off to see if your basket is heavily grooved. You may have a combination of problems. There's no way to tell you what is wrong. You will have to figure it out. Once it's right, it's like butter...... The easy pull stuff is worth buying, but it won't help much at all if your basket is grooved.......