Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

King Quad gearbox jammed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 04:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Quad gearbox jammed?

Got my project 1992 King Quad running today, but canīt get it in gear, he neutral ligt is on all the time. the pedal moves like it did before I started to on the quad. I didnīt even open the engine or gear box at all when it vas of the frame. Reverse still works fine, the neutral ligt goes out and the reverse light lights up and of we go backwords. Also the subtransmission is jammed to high gear and it wonīt move to a lower gear. Can it be locked up someway and is there away to get it working without removing it from the frame and taking the engine apart? If someone has any tips or tricks how to unlock the gearbox, please let me know?

Thanks in advance

Regard Sammy

Old 03-04-2004, 01:18 AM
The Facility

Have you tried to engage it at the lever on the transmission instead of just using the lever??

If not try that. You may have to take the cable off to be sure you are engaging it. If it doesn't want to go forward then, I don't know what to tell you other than taking her down. I have never heard of this happening on one that worked fine before, and then didn't when put back into the frame.

That's why I want to say the problem is in the shift linkage itself and not inside the gearbox.

This is a new one for me.

Old 03-04-2004, 03:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yes, I have tried to use the lever on the transmissionbox instead the pedal. When it was of the frame I turned the rear axel by hand and tryid to get sence how the levers work on the transmission, could it be that I messed it up at that point? When I got the machine, gears worked but they were little hard to operate becorse the pedal didnīt operate properly. Also the subtransmission worked when, but when it was of the frame i noticed that the it didnīt move anymore and thats why I started to turn the axel to see if it would help and tried all the transmission levers to see if they worked. Damm, I hate to take it of the frame again

Old 03-04-2004, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider

could be a bent shift for, i had the same problem with my 230.

Old 03-05-2004, 03:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the input guys, I really like this forum. This time the problem was me and the expert that I put the quad back in order with[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]! I rememberd the levers wrong so the gearpedal was connected to a wrong shifter in the gearbox, how stupid do I feel now!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] Went home from work yesterday and got it sorted in 10 minutes when I had a good look at it! It works perfectly now and Iīm really happy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]!!!

I still thank you guys for replying

Sammy