Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Do all Eiger autos RPMs run high all the time?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 01:21 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do all Eiger autos RPMs run high all the time?

Hi guys
The Eiger is running great by the way.
Just a quick question for you all, does your Eigers RPMs run high thru all speeds like it should be shifting or something? Or is that just how they are desiged?
Do you know what I mean it seems wound out at all speeds.No matter if your just putting around at 10 mph or you get on it till it climbs up to 50 mph it's just wound tight. I've given friends rides and they are like is the thing going to shift?
Are they just low geared?

thanks

GB

Old 03-04-2004, 08:30 AM
Pro Rider

Are you sure that thing isn't manual shift and you twitch when the RPMs get too high and shift it? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] j/k

Old 03-04-2004, 11:12 AM
Trailblazer

I guess it sounds like a dumb question, but we have an older Kodiak,and a 2000 sportsman 500 and an 03 Rubicon and they run no where near the rpm that the Eiger does. I guess it's just in the power band at all times. I wish I had another Suzuki to compare it with but I dont.

GB

Old 03-04-2004, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

I was only kidding. I wish I could help but I have the Manual Eiger. There are a whole bunch of guys on here that will be of help. Be patient, they are coming.

Old 03-04-2004, 04:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider

The quads with belt drive, do seem to run a bit too high of rpm, but thats the nature of the beast. Try riding other belt drive quads and see if they are the same, there could be a problem, but probably isnt. Are you in high range?

Old 03-04-2004, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider

sounds like a bad drive belt to me, if under warrenty give the dealer a call, does it fell if you punch it, and then let off the gas that the wheels have to catch up to the tranny, and you fell a jerk?

my o2vinny does not do that even with all the stuff i have for it.

Old 03-04-2004, 10:03 PM
Range Rover

I test drove a Eiger when I was looking for a new machine. The noise that it made turned me off from buying one. I think that it is the nature of the Eiger to be loud, but I would check it out to be on the sure side.lol

Old 03-05-2004, 12:37 AM
Trailblazer

You know
I had it out plowing snow today and driving around and I guess I was just being overly critical of the machine. It must have been my friends imput about it, it realy isn't bad the thing just shifts extremely smooth, and the power is always right there when you need it and I like that!
Thank you all for your imput!
One more question, I'm about to change the oil and filter for the first time. What do you think is the best oil and filter for it?

GB

Old 03-05-2004, 09:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

I just bought mine also, and wondered the same thing. I have only driven it a little bit, and wasn't sure what to expect from the auto tranny, since I have only ever driven manuals. The sound is the same for all gears pretty much, kind of high pitch. Not low, ready to downshift, and not high enough to upshift. Just different I guess. I have never ridden or heard any other autos of any kind, so I was wondering also.

Old 03-05-2004, 10:24 AM
Range Rover

I have an 04 auto Eiger. It runs pretty high rpm's all the time as well. I think that is just the way it's made. By no means am I an expert on it, though.

Quick Reply: Do all Eiger autos RPMs run high all the time?