Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

KFX/LTZ or Predator

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 11:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KFX/LTZ or Predator

Im looking for a good all around atv ... would love to hear from anyone that has tried both of these quads.

The KFX is $5300.00
The Predator is $4900.00 (Polaris has a $1000.00 rebate untill May 1st)

Both 04's

Old 04-21-2004, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

I have never dragged agianst a pred or seen my out there but it doesn't sound good if they need to drop $1000 off the price to sell them. I believe you get what you paid for. I like the z400 alot becuase I own one but you moght also want to think about the raptor to. They are all good bikes. You just need to figure out which one is best for the type of riding you are going to be doing. GODD LUCK!!!

Old 04-21-2004, 02:14 AM
Pro Rider

I like the Preditor from what I have seen.I have never got to ride one though.They are fast and look kewl but thats all I know about them.
I was set on the KFX after I rode one.Ausome machine.

Old 04-21-2004, 07:41 AM
Range Rover

I rode with a predator this past weekend. Seemed nice, but I can't say for myself.

When looking for a bike, I rode a piped-KFX400 and I was absolutely sold. I also hopped on a couple 400ex's too. I have zero regret with my Z400.

Old 04-21-2004, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider

Right after I bought my Z my buddy bought a Pred. We dragged I beat him every time (I have about a years more riding experience). Top end the Pred will beat the Z. I rode the Pred (it was the first Troy Lee design) when they first came out (his), I didn't like the transmission. It didn't go into gear real easy and it was hard to find neutral. I can't say if they have fixed the problem since. The Z would be better for trails, moderate duning, overall fun. The Pred on the other hand would be better for MX, fast duning, and just plain going fast. Overall if you just want a fun quad with reverse the Z is your bet, but if you want something that looks cool, is real fast, the Pred is for you.

Old 04-21-2004, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

I dont think the Polaris has reverse either. That would be a biggie for me as I ride a lot of trails, and tend to turn around at the sight of mud....

Old 04-21-2004, 07:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have a pred, and I am very pleased with it. The whole going into gear thing isn't a concern, the trannys are fine. It has tons of power and great suspension. It goes real fast, and it is quick too. A z400 didn't beat a pred, if it did, the pred rider was horrible. The pred is great for dunes and drags and mx. I like mine for the trails too, but some people don't because it is wide and doesn't have a lot of bottom end(stock anyways, can be fixed simply by regearing).

Old 04-21-2004, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider

Stock for stock the Preditor will outrun the z in top end.
I have draged many piped and jeted Predators and spanked them everytime though in the sand.

Old 04-21-2004, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

if i were ever to go to a 4 stroke(which i prolly will when im old and cant take the brusts of power)i would eaither get the Pred or the Raptor.my bro in law has a 04 stock pred.they have good power.alot more than the z/kfx.they have good race setup suspension.it does real good in the trails.i like the raptor because of the torque.they wheelie so easily.lol.i was impressed with the pred.they are kinda heavy tho.

Old 04-21-2004, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

I have both. I ride the Pred 90% of the time. There is no way that a stock Z is faster in a 300' drag, a 1/8th mile drag, or on a 1 mile straight with equal riders. There is almost a 10HP difference stock between the 2. Reverse isn't an issue for me, so it doesn't bother me that the Predator does not have it. If you could get the Predator for $1000 more than the Z it would still be a deal. In your case the Pred is less, a no brainer to me.

Quick Reply: KFX/LTZ or Predator