Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

quadzilla vibration

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 10:49 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quadzilla vibration

just started my quad tonite after the rebuild and it still has a pretty good vibration when you rev it up it even squats the rear shock a little bit is this normal or it something wrong. I'm getting sick of replacing grabbars and silencers from vibration. help

Old 04-25-2004, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

Thats a hell of a lot of weight going up and down real fast. Unless I felt it its hard to say for sure...

Old 04-25-2004, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer

I know a guy that has one just down the road from me his is basically stock and i had him start it and it vibrates a little but i think mine vibrates a little more is that cause of the engine work? I mean when you hop these things up are they going to vibrate more than stock?

Old 04-26-2004, 12:59 AM
Range Rover

It is going to vibrate no matter what you do to it. If it sounds and runs fine then it should be okay, the vibration is normal.

Old 04-26-2004, 10:28 AM
Pro Rider

Excessive vibration is NOT normal... and I would say that if it vibrates enough to collapse the rear shock slightly, and your losing bolts... something is wrong!
Did you rebuild it? or someone else? There are three timing marks for the counterbalancer setup, not just two (Biggest common mistake made by home rebuilders)
IF the timing is off... she'll rattle your fillings loose!

Another cause for alarm... crank bearing/case issues can cause excessive vibration also.

My $.02

Old 04-26-2004, 01:38 PM
Trailblazer

yes dunnadict i rebuilt it but i didnt have the cases apart and last time i went through the bottome end i lined the marks up. when your idling and you give full throttle it squats the rear shock a little bit.

Old 04-26-2004, 02:27 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: chickenhead
just started my quad tonite after the rebuild and it still has a pretty good vibration when you rev it up it even squats the rear shock a little bit is this normal or it something wrong. I'm getting sick of replacing grabbars and silencers from vibration. help
It has to take ALOT of vibration to break a grab? What happens to them, do they crack ???

Definitely something is way wrong if the vibration causes the rear shock/spring to compress. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Dune is right, check the timing marks and then the crank bearing boss in the cases.

Mine runs smooth, no vibration to speak of.......never broke a grab bar or silencer.
In fact the silencer was put on when the bike was new and other than getting repacked a few times it looks like the day I put it on. The grab bar is a different story but that is from TT and flat track racing and the grab bar is still is not broke just tweaked a little with battle scars .

Old 04-26-2004, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: chickenhead
yes dunnadict i rebuilt it but i didnt have the cases apart and last time i went through the bottome end i lined the marks up. when your idling and you give full throttle it squats the rear shock a little bit.
Okay, if you didn't mess with the counterbalancer timing (This time) and it wasn't vibrating bad before... there's something else wrong... The common mistake is folks only line up two marks instead of all three.
If it was vibrating prior to (this) rebuild... I'd still look at the timing marks just to be sure... (All three of them)
Next, I'd say pull your stator cover off, grab your flywheel and see if you can feel any play (Harsh Up and down movements as if your trying to lift the bike off the ground)
ANY percieved motion = bad news!

Those are the biggest things that could cause vibration... Engine mods typically don't create any more vibration than you had before.

Let us know what you find out.

Old 04-26-2004, 06:41 PM
Trailblazer

when i first got the machine i tore it completly down and i didnt line up the gears so i tore it back down and line them up and it really didnt make a big differnce. this last time i had it a apart i checked the flywheel didnt seem to move im going to check the crank to see if it is off.

Old 04-27-2004, 11:37 PM
Trailblazer

well i checked my flywheel tonite tighter than hell i called a engine builder from cali and he said they are famous for spreading the crank apart so back apart we come.

Quick Reply: quadzilla vibration