Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Problem with Eiger

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 12:33 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with Eiger

Anyone else having this problem with their Eiger:

I cant find a mudhole bad enough to get it stuck!!! (Deep water doesn't count) I have tried and tried to get this thing stuck, and can't. Has anyone gotten theres stuck in just mud, not talking about drowning it out or wedging it against something. I have been through swampy areas around ponds, in drainage ditches, in flooded creek bottoms......

This is about the only problem I have found yet with my Eiger!!!!!!!!

Old 04-27-2004, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

I wish I could say the same. Problem is, I try every mud hole (even where the "big bores" won't go)! Most of the time I have no problem, but every once and a while, I get suck GOOD! After I get the power mods in this season, hopefully I'll get some better tires next season. This should make all the difference!

Old 04-27-2004, 01:56 PM
Range Rover

I have jumped in everything I can find. I wish I could find some spots like the ones you are talking about. I feel like I wasted my money on the winch!!!!!!

Old 04-27-2004, 01:58 PM
Range Rover

Except for the time I got water in the tranny and had to winch it out of the creek. Man was I glad to have a winch. I have had to pull my one of my friends out of several places, too.

Old 04-27-2004, 04:57 PM
Trailblazer

I see you have the 26" mud lites, have you had them on since new? If not was there a vast improvement over the factory tires? Do they fit well, do they ever rub ?

thanks

Old 04-27-2004, 05:10 PM
Range Rover

I have them on Vision aluminum rims, so they may be offset differently than some, but they dont rub. The MudLites stick out about 3" wider all the way around. With the MudLites, the Eiger is: a little slower(it is noticeable); better in deep, thick mud; about the same as stock tires in slick, shallow mud; infinitely more stable,(places you can't go at all with stock tires without flipping, you can go easily and fearlessly with the wider MudLites); they clean out better; they look a billion times better.

The stability I got with the MudLites(probably due to the extra width and stiffness of the tires) was the most noticeable of all the improvements. I had the ML's on for about 200 miles before putting the stock tires on. After putting stock tires on, I went to ride on some steep hills in wooded areas that I had ridden many times with the ML's. I almost rolled it twice; once I had to get off the thing and hold on to it to keep it from going over. These were really steep sideways curving, bending trails, but I didn't have any problems at all with the ML's on.

Old 04-27-2004, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

Just what I wanted to hear about the mudlites. Check out my pics, 4 and 5 to be exact. That was mostly mud. Took a LONG time to get me out!

Old 04-27-2004, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

POST SOME PICS!! I've dreamed of having the Vinny rims and 589s, let's see how it looks!!

I think the Vinson is wider only because of the backspacing of the aluminum wheels. So far, that's the only difference I can find.

I've heard that there's something supernatural about how the Eiger eats mud holes. I know I've done some pretty amazing stuff at the dunes and some sink hole stuff, but haven't found a super-mud-hole yet to really put 'er to the test.

Old 04-28-2004, 10:06 AM
Range Rover

I have Vision wheels, not Vinson. Kind of hard to tell the difference, I know. They look really good on it. I will try to post some pics some time within the next couple weeks. I have a friend with a digital camera, just have to get him to find time to take them.

Old 04-28-2004, 10:17 AM
Range Rover

Looks like you came awful close to gettin water in the airbox on pic 4. Was it you that said you have had that happen. It might have been someone else. I have found that mudholes with water in them sometimes help when mudding because the water cleans the tires out. Good thing that wasn't solid mud you were in that deep. It would have taken a bull dozer to get that thing out!!!!

Quick Reply: Problem with Eiger