Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Eiger Newbie!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 11:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eiger Newbie!!!

Just wanted to introduce myself on this site. I just came home with a 04 Suzuki Eiger 400 4x4 auto. I have been outta quads for several years now, and very glad to be back. I already found tons of useful info on this site, i hope to cointribute where i can. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-03-2004, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider
Default Eiger Newbie!!!

Congrats on the new Eiger, you'll have a blast!

Old 05-03-2004, 10:07 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Eiger Newbie!!!

Thanks alot, i think i will too. I see you have alot of upgrades on the way. I would love to know how they go for ya, cause i plan on doing a bunch myself.

Old 05-03-2004, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default Eiger Newbie!!!

I'll keep ya posted. I have the filter and clutch kit, but the pipe and jet kit are on (and have been for a while) on back order. I'm thinking of finding another pipe and making a completely custom exhaust.

Old 05-03-2004, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default Eiger Newbie!!!

Congrats. After breakin, my Eiger really came alive. I'm looking at a bigger carb in the future. That and some exhaust mods will be making me really happy I think. I've done a little research, and it looks like the Eiger's carb is really undersized. The Z400 has a 39.4mm carb, the Yamadog warrior has a 36mm carb. I'm figuring that between 37-39 is gonna be the trick! I'd like to be able to pull the front tires off the ground without being on asphalt and leaning waaaay back and popping into first gear. Maybe a rolling wheelie will be my goal. If it can do that, then I know I've reached the level of performance that's gonna make this thing a little more exciting at the dunes and on the BLM roads around here. ALTHOUGH, I've got to say, this thing is pretty damn fast already. I mean, close to 60 is fast enough to kill me easily, why would I bother with faster? I don't want to be faster, I want more tire spinning horsepower for when I wear out my stock Dunlops and go to 26" 589s. I've completely ruled out a lift kit, as I'm afraid for my CV joints, so bigger tires is the way to go!

Now, this is far in the future as I enjoy my factory warranty, but it's gonna happen!

Old 05-04-2004, 11:28 AM
Trailblazer
Default Eiger Newbie!!!

Welcome to the Eiger Fan Club. What made you choose the Eiger over the other atv's in the same price range? Two suggestions to do asap: install an inline fuel filter and install an hour meter or meter/tach combo for a maintenance reminder. Ride fast but safe.

joe.

Old 05-04-2004, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default Eiger Newbie!!!

Welcome to the club and to the site. The eiger will hang with any machine on the planet. (except straight line racing). I don't believe you can get more machine for the money. The mechanical 2-4wd is way better than the electronic activation.
I'd like to see a lil better front shocks.
I'm getting ready to put on some 26" mudlites and then I'll start experimenting with the driven pulley spring (autos only).

Old 05-04-2004, 01:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Eiger Newbie!!!

Congrat's on your Eiger purchase. I've been extremely happy with mine so far. As far as non-engine mods go, I highly recommend the ITP 589 tires. In my opinion, they look great and will get you through just about any mud pit you encounter. Enjoy!

Old 05-04-2004, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Eiger Newbie!!!

589s are agreat tire but they may be a bit heavy for the auto and may require a clutch kit. At the mud bog at the windrock jamboree most of the riders who made it thru were on mudlites.

Old 05-04-2004, 11:33 PM
Range Rover
Default Eiger Newbie!!!

I am also looking at the Eiger Auto 4x4. I sold my Honda Rancher Es 350 4x4 about 6 weeks ago. I am wanting to get back into the atv sport. I was wornding if any one has had any problems with the belts or what ever. Thanks

Quick Reply: Eiger Newbie!!!