Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Water sucks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 07:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water sucks!!!

I have an 86 LT250, FMF fatty and silencer, FMF torque reeds, barnett racing clutch, wisco piston and rings, and its at the stock bore, works front shocks, hole shots front, fast trekkers rear, slotted front discs, +3 swing arm, new bearings through out quad inside and out. but anyway the other day i let my girlfriends little bro ride it and i didnt even think to ask if he knew how... he took off fine, but about 20 minutes later he never come back. so i went looking for him and there he was pushing it up the street... for some when i tried to start it, it was spitting gas out the over flow hoses, i just figured figured my carb was dirty and maybe the plug was fouled out... so we finally got it back to the house and i changed the plug and kicked it over some more and still nothing. so i checked for spark and it getting it, but i realized that the plug was dry, so for some reason i take it that the motor is not getting gas... i take the carb apart it clean as can be... putting it back together, and well i was crush, when i seen that there was water dripping from the cylinder head... something didnt seal right cause it only has about 7-9 hrs on this fresh motor... so back to the drawing board i guess...

Old 05-05-2004, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water sucks!!!

When water comes out of the head then that means you probably have an anitfreeze leak. Ask the kid if it was smoking white before it stoped running. Antifreeze burns white. (if thats what you had in it). I would drain the antifreeze and take the head off. Then get some good gasket sealant and put it back on. wait over night to fill it back up.

Other than that take off the gas line away from the carb only and turn the gas on and make sure it comes out. make sure it has spark, and all that good stuff.