Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Vinsons only flaw...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 11:19 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vinsons only flaw...

I have one. My brother has one. They are simply incredible machines. The ONLY problem I have found is in coming down extremely steep grades with these machines it is a constant battle to keep the back end from coming up. I have been in several hair raising situations where going up was a hoot coming down...another story!

Old 05-10-2004, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider

The front bumper is crap if you ask me.
but I have the same problem, coming down a slick hill in 2wd, the back end slides out a bit.
I just learned to put in it 4wd before I do some nasty hills.

Old 05-10-2004, 08:32 PM
Range Rover

It also has 3wd

Old 05-10-2004, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

NOT I !

Old 05-11-2004, 11:09 PM
Trailblazer

My buddy bought a Vinson & was asking about the Front dif locker--where did u get it and how much$--thanks!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-12-2004, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

I too have a Vinson but haven't noticed the back end at all but that may be because I have a bag on the back rack that when filled with stuff it keeps it down somewhat. I also stiffened the shocks up some.

Yes it has plastic bumpers but there are metal bars behind them and besides how many times to you actually wreck?

I always here..."it has 3wd" but I have never been left behind and have went everywhere my friends have with much larger machines. When it comes to tight trails I'll take the Vinson any day.

Old 05-12-2004, 01:31 AM
Range Rover

The Vinson simply excells in it's environment, which is high speed trail riding and exploring. It's no big secret what Suzuki was trying to do with this machine. It's a machine for people that like to have a utility based quad to make the wife happy to justify the purchase and it's also for the husband that grew up riding an LT250R lol. It's win/win. The 4x4 is just an added extra to calm the wife down, she doesn't think a 4x4 machine can rip through trails [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Your secret is safe with me lol.

Old 05-12-2004, 08:33 PM
Range Rover

I went down a steep hill here a few weeks ago just because nobody else wanted to try it. As I was going down I felt the backend hit the ground. I couldn't tell it came off the ground but I sure felt it when it touched back down. This is my first fourwheeler though so I don't know if this is a Vinson problem or if any other atv would have done the same thing. Came back up it great though :-).

Old 05-13-2004, 08:45 PM
Trailblazer

Hey everybody...Thanks for the comments. This machine...is simply the best out there in certain applications. I have ran circles around Polaris H.O. 500's. However......Polaris is a TOUGHER machine. I know because virtually all the guys I ride with own Polaris. I am selling my Vinson ONLY so that I can get the monster of Alll quads.....The 2005 King Quad. Trust me...people out there are waiting for this one! Later...

Old 05-17-2004, 01:08 AM
Range Rover

Another flaw, the stock tires. They may as well run the thing on the
rims!! But this is a fixable flaw. And the Vinson isnt the only machine
with bad stock tires.

Quick Reply: Vinsons only flaw...