Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

New kid in town.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 06:09 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New kid in town.

Hey All I'm new here. Saw this site the other say and decided to jion. My Name is Scott and I live in Anchorage,Ak. Well since this forum is about the quads I will tell you a little about mine. I'm sure you can get some idea of what I have from my sig. Anyway My ride is a 92 LT 250R. I bought it in 94 with the plastic a little beaten up. It ran great and was flawless for quite a few years in stock condition untill I blew out the stock piston. Hey it happens. The bike was all stock untill about 4 years ago. I decided I needed more power as my buddies LT 500R would always just kill me. Man the power band on that bike is just awesome. Doesn't matter what gear you are in and how fast or slow you are going it just walks out of anything. So I wanted some more juice so I could atleast keep up. So I ordered a Duncan Racing eliminator racing kit which consisted of a pipe and silencer,PTR cool head,39 PWK carb calibrated by them, and porting my jug. At the same time I had them tru my crank and do a stator mod that gave me power out of it and they lightened it. Also had them put in a new connecting rod and they did a mod to it to give better oiling. Then I got a Delta V-Force reed cage set up. I must admit that the workmanship on the jug was beautiful. The ports are bigger than the 500 now. When I finally got it all on the bike was monster. My quad has such crisp,clean throttle response that you always want to rap the gas. I learned pretty quick that the stock gearing was not enough and the stock suspension was not up to the job anymore. So I put on a 13 tooh front sprocket and that seemed to help out 1st and 2ng gear go a little further. The shocks are a dream. The Works tripple rates are sweet. The like the jumps. The Ohlin rear is just........well do I need to say more? I can now hit spots that before I had to slow down for since the oldsuspension was done along time ago. The only real problem I have with it these days is I keep shearing the balancer key weight. I put all new seals and bearings in the case and even upgraded to a new balancer just to make sure. After I sheared a few of them I ended up calling Duncan Racing to see what was up. I was getting a little tired of replacing it all of the time. He told me that you have to use a new nut every time you bolt up the balancer. Ok so I tried that and it worked for a while. Still it doeas the same thing. It always seeks to break when I am going slow.

I saw a few post on here about it and decided to try it again. Most of the time I just use the impact gun and crank the nut on with some thread lock. I think this time I will actually use the torque wrench to see where I am at and use some stronger thread lock. It breaks o often that half the time I don't even ride it any more since I am just sick of it. I ended getting the new Hinson Billit clutch basket since when the key would sheer it would just chew up my stock basket. If someone has some thoughts on this problem I would welcome some thoughts.

Old 06-02-2004, 06:30 PM
Royalty Rider
Default New kid in town.

Welcome to the Connection, enjoy your stay!

Old 06-02-2004, 06:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default New kid in town.

Welcome!

Old 06-02-2004, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default New kid in town.

Welcome to the board!

Can't help with your problem but there are alot of knowledgeable people here. If you make a new topic with a title that describes your problem, that might help.

Old 06-02-2004, 07:20 PM
Range Rover
Default New kid in town.

Cool!Thanks for the welcome.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-02-2004, 08:14 PM
Trailblazer
Default New kid in town.

Good to have another suzuki guy

--------------------------------------------------------
1990 lt250s
all stock except rear shock

Old 06-03-2004, 03:25 AM
Pro Rider
Default New kid in town.

Welcome. Now let's see some pics of that monster.

Old 06-03-2004, 04:50 AM
Range Rover
Default New kid in town.

Ok I just made photo page. Should be up after it is approved.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2004, 12:16 PM
Range Rover
Default New kid in town.

Welcome to the site !!!!!!

Old 06-03-2004, 03:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default New kid in town.

Welcome.......
If you want to keep that nut on here is the deal [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].....Make sure there is no oil on the threads and use Locktite "Bearing and sleeve mount" (green) I use this at my shop in RARE cases. We have played with this stuff by putting some on a 5/8 diam. bolt, screwed it in by hand, let it sit for 1/2 hour and my snap-on 1/2" impact (600ft.lbs) would not budge it![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] But the way you get it back off is you need to add a touch of heat with a torch (even a propane works). I may have some sample pacs at work, if I do I will sent you one.
The main reason for this stuff is to keep bearing races in place if they do not fit, so it is darn strong!

Quick Reply: New kid in town.