Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

You guys and your "too slow for me" Z250's...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 05:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You guys and your "too slow for me" Z250's...

I bought 2 z250's and couldnt be happier. I actually bought em BECAUSE they were shaft drive with a 4 stroker motor which ='s less maintenance and more up time having fun, even the "semi auto" is great for me and my wife just getting back into the sport. I got a bunch of DG armor, a DG full exhaust, high flowing intake filter and rejetted the units. The units are very nimble and they have better top end than most people realize. I actually did the exhaust/intake/rejetting mods to one quad first and it was able to easily pull away from the stock unit a night and day difference. That little 249cc has alot of potential for what it is. Is it a world beater? Nope but it sure is a fun quad that was designed very well from the ground up.

Old 06-22-2004, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider

I like the shaft drive because I ride in wet conditions

Old 06-22-2004, 07:48 PM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] And the crowd goes wild!!!..........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-22-2004, 08:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 240g
I bought 2 z250's and couldnt be happier. I actually bought em BECAUSE they were shaft drive with a 4 stroker motor which ='s less maintenance and more up time having fun, even the "semi auto" is great for me and my wife just getting back into the sport. I got a bunch of DG armor, a DG full exhaust, high flowing intake filter and rejetted the units. The units are very nimble and they have better top end than most people realize. I actually did the exhaust/intake/rejetting mods to one quad first and it was able to easily pull away from the stock unit a night and day difference. That little 249cc has alot of potential for what it is. Is it a world beater? Nope but it sure is a fun quad that was designed very well from the ground up.
Same here, I got it just because of this. I have the z400 as well. I like them both. Just need a good deal on a pipe for the z250 and I will be set on that one.

Old 06-23-2004, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

hey raptoe owner I have pics and profile. when I am signed on I just go to my profile and I can veiw it but how do I make it so others can look at it and how do I get the little camera thingy to show

Old 06-23-2004, 12:33 AM
Trailblazer

Unfortunately that is human nature, whenever you get something, you always want something better....Grass is always greener I guess....

Old 06-23-2004, 01:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: GTFZ250
hey raptoe owner I have pics and profile. when I am signed on I just go to my profile and I can veiw it but how do I make it so others can look at it and how do I get the little camera thingy to show
It has to get approved but looks like to me it all ready has.

Old 06-23-2004, 03:04 AM
Range Rover

you think your z250 is fast in the woods? i bet you couldnt even touch my mojave. btw mojave's are slow too. no offense, but if you think that 250 is fast in the woods maybe you havent tried racing a 250R. the z 250 is just a kids quad, same thing as the 250ex, its just a "racer wannabe" recon 250. just my opinion though.

Old 06-23-2004, 09:20 AM
Trailblazer

I luuuuuv my Z250. It must be the easiest quad to maintain. It is a real chick bike though. All you do is put gasoline in and clean the filter!!!! When I ride a trail I know well I feel like she is a bit slow. The other day I rode a new trail with a bunch of guys and did not even get to open her up all the way! I recon if i had a 400 on that trail I probably would of injured my self! LOL.

Lindie
http://www.e-dirt.co.za

Old 06-23-2004, 09:40 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ridinredODB
... the z 250 is just a kids quad, same thing as the 250ex, its just a "racer wannabe" recon 250. just my opinion though.
barrrump .. wrong there. Beginner's quad yes .. Kid's quad?? Nope. For kids quads see a complete selection of 50cc 4 wheelers. There's many more "kids" out there that are too small for a Z250 than not ...

Same as saying a polaris touring 340 is a kids' snowmobile .. it's not. Just because it's not the most powerful machine in the lineup doesn't make it a kid's quad. I'm sure the Z250 and the 250Ex both have enough power to seriously injure someone who get's caught unawares of his/her surroundings.

To say that it's a kid's quad is insulting to adults and teens who enjoy a more relaxing riding quad. Not everyone is ball$ to the walls about riding ya know!!

Quick Reply: You guys and your "too slow for me" Z250's...