Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

2003 Vinson FMF powerline, K&N filter, FMF jet kit butt dyno

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 12:23 PM
MJE
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Vinson FMF powerline, K&N filter, FMF jet kit butt dyno

I finally got to ride it the other day. All I have to say is my god does this thing respond differently. It jumps right out of whoops now...riding is actually easier..and when I need the power to get up and out of holes it does it with ease. I put the "124" jet into the machine...wanted to try something bigger but it runs well..

Top speed is roughly the same (havent messed with that limiter screw or anything and really dont need to)

however it gets to 45-50 mph in what seems to be half the time. My friend who used to nip at my heels within a few bike lengths with his 2wd eiger now is just left in the dust. I was going over a couple of hills that have lips at the top of them like jumps and I'd go slow and goose it and the thing would just fly right over it like it was a little racer. Don't even know if i want to do a clutch kit..because this thing almost does wheelies as it is...a clutch kit would prob kill me. I think just new tires would suffice thinking about the bear claws.

The bike however does pop back ever so slightly when I am on WOT for a while and then let off...does that mean my mixture screw needs to be turned in or out??

its at about 2 3/4 turns right now I believe and I'm basically at sea level at all times (live on cape cod)

I did however run into one problem where the bike has been overheating. Is there a switch that I can manually override to see if the fan motor is dead etc etc? I know ive buried it in some deep water/mud a few times for a decent amount of time so I'm not going to rule out that the fan may be no good. Checked all the fuses under the seat and they were all fine. However no fan turns on at all (it used to all the time esp at idling)

bike overheats and forces me to shut down for 5 minutes at a time unless im just going along and moving air into the machine.

by the way it cruises SOO easily at like 35 to 40 whereas I had to keep on the throttle a lot more before.

-Mike