Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Sold my '87 LT500R.......

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sold my '87 LT500R.......

Lets remember we're talkin 4 strokes NOT 2 strokes.
I also said I was looking to make it faster than STOCK, NOT faster than a 2 stroke.
I don't think the MAJORITY of 4 strokers out there are looking to do just that, I think that they
are looking to bump up the stock torque of the machine to BETTER than stock. If
they were lookin to be faster than a 2 stroke machine { the majority} don't you think
they'd own the 2 stroke instead of beatin themselves up over a no brainer ?? As far as the
LT230 goes .... I've seen ONE **** & git. My friend had an '87 and dumpped a grand into the motor,
sent it to DUNCAN to build and WHAT A JOB THEY DID !!!! VERY VERY IMPRESSIVE !
I don't know what I'm supposed to be prooving to you...... that a 4 stroke CAN go faster and
have MORE torque than STOCK??? CONFUSED !!
As far as the LT230 goes ...... get one and dump a grand into the motor...... BUT SEND IT TO
DUNCAN ............. THEY SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM PROOVING **** & GIT TO YOU !!

Old 07-28-2004, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider

bad job. why would ya want a 92'... ah NVM...... ~2-Stroke Rider 4 Life~

Old 07-28-2004, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider

anything will **** and git with a grand in the motor...hell even a 600 lb ute could be fast with that much money...Its not as much as racers put into their engines, but that is still a lot of money for an engine.

Old 07-28-2004, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider

Couple of reasons 4 wanting to change over to a 4 stroke.
No extra expences of buying fuel & oil mix every 2 tank fulls of gas.
It's got REVERSE !
NO CONTINUOUSE MAINTAINENCE .........THATS A BIG PLUS!!
No worries about when the top end is gonna BLOW UP out on the trail...... BIG PLUS !!
A BULLET PROOF ENGINE that I CAN RELY ON.
LAST OF ALL .................IT WON'T SCREEM FOR HELP EVERY OTHER RIDE OUT ON THE TRAILS.
The '92 IS an AWESOME MACHINE .......I'm sure I can find LOTS of people to testify to that.
A" POWER HEAD JUNKY" may not, but someone who just wants to go out and actually
"ENJOY" a great riding experience out on the trails with NO worries , and with a machine
with some moderate attitude adjustments, would be very SATISFIED with this particular
machine.
HOW MANY OF YOU CAN SAY THAT YOU HAVE A '92 MACHINE OUT THERE THAT HAS" N E V E R "
BEEN R E B U I L T ????? I KNOW I CAN !!!!!!

HOW MANY OF YOU ARE ALWAYS WORKING ON YOUR 2 STROKES BECAUSE OF ENGINE
FAILURE ?????
I know I won't be with a 4 stroke. How many of you can actually TESTIFIY that every single
ride that you've ever been on with a 2 stroke that you've actually" ENJOYED WITH NO PROBLEMS
WHATSOEVER WITHOUT ENGINE TROUBLE" ??

About the LT230........Yeah that was alot to put into the motor .....BUT it did without a DOUBT
make it **** & GIT . Just wanted DUNEADDICT to realize that he was "WRONG" & will
"NEVER" be right about that subject. DUNEADDICT still think your right.........
find a LT230 and dump a grand into the motor ........BUT have" DUNCAN "build it for you........
DUNCAN "WILL" without a doubt" PROOVE IT TO YOU "!!!!!!!!!
GRASSHOPPER !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-28-2004, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

Dude, what are you smoking?

>>HOW MANY OF YOU ARE ALWAYS WORKING ON YOUR 2 STROKES BECAUSE OF ENGINE
>>FAILURE ?????

How about NEVER!!!! Never had my LT break... I've changed parts due to preventive maint. (Apparently something you've never heard of or understood)

>>How many of you can actually TESTIFIY that every single
>>ride that you've ever been on with a 2 stroke that you've actually" ENJOYED WITH NO PROBLEMS
>>WHATSOEVER WITHOUT ENGINE TROUBLE" ??

Guess I'm the poster child again... I've ridden many miles/hours and never worried for a second. You insinuate that since you had issues, that it is common place for everyone.. NOT TRUE.
Before you go blaming all 2 strokes ever designed for problems, perhaps you should look in the mirror to the real culprit?

$10K will not make an LT230 fast! Sorry, get over it... I don't care if Duncan or Einstein builds the motor!
Duncan is just another "puppy shop" that will take your $$ and give you a nice warm feeling that you did something good (Just like a puppy will do to your leg) ... both with similar results.
The old 4 strokes are turds! Always will be turds! Modern day technology has made great improvements (See YFZ, TRX, etc.) but the older tech. will never be made fast... even with piles of money!

I'm done... go pee on someone else's leg and tell them it's raining.... see if it works on them!

Old 07-28-2004, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: BIGGONE
Lets remember we're talkin 4 strokes NOT 2 strokes.
I also said I was looking to make it faster than STOCK, NOT faster than a 2 stroke.
I don't think the MAJORITY of 4 strokers out there are looking to do just that, I think that they
are looking to bump up the stock torque of the machine to BETTER than stock. If
they were lookin to be faster than a 2 stroke machine { the majority} don't you think
they'd own the 2 stroke instead of beatin themselves up over a no brainer ?? q]

hmm, thats funny, i just went out and bought a new 4 stroke, dumped a grand total of $180 in it and i pull hard on most 2 strokes i run into.

Old 07-28-2004, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

DUNEADDICT............YOU'VE OBVIOUSLY BEEN SNORTIN ALITLLE TOOO MUCH SAND,
PROBABLY DUE TO AN EGO TRIP , OR STUMBLE OR BEING TOASTED ONCE TOO OFTEN.
I SMELL YOU SUCK FROM HERE !!! You probably got FRENCH FRIED WHEN YOU WERE YOUNGER,
don't worry I understand you've got "L" on your forehead from way too much sand & not
enough DIRT! I tell ya what "SANDBOY" put YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS........
HOW MUCH YA FEEL LIKE LOOSIN??? BOY WOULDN'T BE HARD TO MAKE A 4 STROKE
**** & GIT ... DIDN'T SAY IT WAS GONNA BLOW THE DOORS OFF A 2 STROKE , OBVIOUSLY YOU
GOT THE 4 STROKE COMPLEX & INSECURITY SYNDROME GOIN ON IN YOUR FAT EGO HEAD !!!
PUNK A$$ !!

Old 07-28-2004, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

ZUKISCOTT....... I hope you are attacking DUNEADDICT and NOT MYSELF cause I'm
stickin up for the 4 stroke guys from this fuc@ nut !! How the hell can he say that older 4
strokes CAN'T **** & GIT ?? Anyone in their " RIGHT MINDS" knows better than to say
that crap !! That was the most retarded thing I've ever heard in my life I like both 2 & 4 strokes
but I'm not gonna be one sided to the other 2 strokes can be a fun machine" IF" ya
like tearin them down once or twice a year depending how ya ride them. Then ya got foulin plugs
often enough to drive you insane!! That fuc#er JUST PISSED ME OFF, talkin like I'M FUC@EN
KNOWIN THAT A 4 STROKE CAN **** & GIT, anyone thats ever had a moded up 4 stroke would
know better than to say that ****, DOESN'T MEAN IT CAN BLOW THE DOORS OFF A 2 STROKE
IT JUST MEANS THAT IT CAN GO A HELL OF ALOT FASTER THAN STOCK WHEN MODED.
As for your machine I'm sure you did get it for a couple of reasons and one of them being
to beat snot out of the 2 strokes which is GREAT but thats NOT what the majority of the 4 strokers
are being used for they are just for leasure riding and having a blast on the trails, but people like to get them boosted up for a better power & torque performing machine thats all.
If all the 2 strokers are as fuc@ed up DUNEADDICT then GOD BLESS YOUR INTENSIONS !!!!!
Show'em ALL A THING OR TWO ABOUT 4 STROKES CAPABILITIES !!!! I'm not arguing with you but
I'm trying to say that I said absolutley nothing to offend anyone at all about 2 or 4 strokes
but the" FUC@ NUT" makes totally false accusations about the older 4 strokes being "IMPOSSIBLE"
to make **** & git . TELL ME THATS NOT THE MOST RETARDED THING YOU'VE EVER HEARD ??

Old 07-28-2004, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

HOW MANY OF YOU CAN SAY THAT YOU HAVE A '92 MACHINE OUT THERE THAT HAS" N E V E R "
BEEN R E B U I L T ????? I KNOW I CAN !!!!!!

Oh, I can too. 92' LT. I just don't understand the drastic change in machines that you made.

Old 07-28-2004, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

both duneaddict, and bigone have valid points, however you cant beat the reliability of a four stroke, now i got back from a 35mi ride on my rm 250 thats a 2000, and heavily modded in the engine department, i took the thing through mud, water over the tires, and sand, dirt, and straight aways that i got up close to eighty. i do have to admit mixing gas and oil all the time is a pain, but i dont feel that at any random moment im going to be stranded do to top end failure. i have rather good faith in my bikes 4 and 2, and with the proper matience they really last forever. if your blowing your top all the time you are over revving way to much in each gear then.

i do think that 230s were good for there time, but are a beginner good woods bike why would you pump a 230 anyways???? i had 1, and it was decent but i do agree 1000$ wont make it much faster, after all its only a 229cc motor with 2 valves.

i like the 250x's nice bikes indeed, and arent a pain in the you know what in matience all the time day in and out. ride and go is from what i have been told....

and to never makin 4 strokes fast ever ride a 581 vinson, or a prarie 800 those **** and GIT alot.

-v581-

Quick Reply: Sold my '87 LT500R.......