Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Few questions about aftermarket tires.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 05:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few questions about aftermarket tires.

Hey guys, i just have a few questions about some new tires. I was looking at getting some new mud tires for my 03 Eiger. Here is what i need to know. Keep in mind that im a little green so look over any dumbazz questions i may ask.
1. Whats the biggest tires i can use with my stock rims on my Eiger without any problems?
2. Simple question on what you guys prefer Mudlites or 589's.
3. Do i need bigger rims to go with 27's and will they rub?
4. Have any of you ever tried the 4 inch bigfoot kit which has a 2 inch suspensionlift plus a 2 inch tire lift?
I recently got aggrivated when a 2wd rancher went through a mud hole that i came behind him and got stuck. I did simple hit the 4wd level and came right out but i could not get through it in 2wd like he did. He had bearclaw tires on his rancher and i still have my stock dunflops. This is what i boiled it down to anyway. Seemed like i was bottoming out in the rutts and i know i have ground clearance on him. Also one other thing about his bearclaws they look flat and wide which is a look that i don't care for. The tires look way too wide for his quad but i guess they were getting the job done in the mud. Thanks for any advice or comments givin. Have a good day! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2004, 09:42 PM
Trailblazer

Do you have auto or manual?

It seems you are interested in putting on some big tires. I would not go bigger than 26" anything bigger you would probably loose to much power.

1. You can put 27's on your stock rims, read somewhere in here someone had put 27" Mudlites on an eiger and they didn't rub, but it was close.
2. If your looking to move up a size 589's are too heavy.
3. Answered in #1
4. Never tried lift kits.

If you have an auto and want to go bigger I would recommend 26"x9"s in the front and 26"x10's in the back- lightest tires in 26"ers.
Don't have a manual so I can't really say, but I would have probably went for 26"x10"s in the front and 26"x12"s in the back to make it more stable........... 26"x9"s in the front and 26"x10's in the back seem a little tippy with the extra height. I realized this when I tipped over today.

Old 08-20-2004, 11:20 PM
Trailblazer

Hey man thanks for the info and advice. I was starting to wonder if anyone was gonna answer. I do have the automatic. I am starting to think the 26 inch mudlites is gonna be my selection. I have another question for you or anybody else that can answer for me. If i went with the sizes that you mentioned above will i have to buy wheels also or will they fit on my factories? I am also looking to buy some hand guards like in 2cent's photos. Where can i find them other than my dealership. Its a 45 minute drive to my dealership and i stay very busy so i'd like to find a place on the net to purchase them. Thanks in advance guys. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2004, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

try rockymountainatv .com with out that space or denniskirk .com that's where mine came from

oh i also got a billet brake resivior cover for a z400 on my eiger that looks cool too

Old 08-21-2004, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

HAHAHA rockymountains a forbidden too HAHAHA

Old 08-23-2004, 09:36 AM
Trailblazer

VADERPITT- Any of those tires mentioned will fit on your stock rims. Forget where I orderd my handguards from but rockymountainatv seems to have a good price on them.

Old 08-23-2004, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

I would go with the 26 Mudlites.... They are a great all around tire... they will work well on hardpack also. Remember that the larger mud tires are heavy. Muddlites are pretty lite for an agressive tire.
good luck
Zig

Old 08-23-2004, 10:39 PM
Range Rover

did you guys notice on the mudlites, that they rode a bit rough till about 15mph,at least on hard pack trails,I know you guys don't like the Bearclaws, but for allround tire they are great!

Old 08-24-2004, 11:04 AM
Trailblazer

I really didn't notice it was that much rougher than the stocks, are the Bearclaw that much smoother than Mudlites on hard packed trails? I ride with a guy and he uses Bearclaws on his Big Bear. I like them, they look like good tires and they are also one of the lighter tires . I took a close look at them when I decided to get tires. I really wanted bigger tires, I had a tuff time deciding if I should do this with the Auto EIGER. I knew I would need all the help I could get (without buying Alum rims) so I looked for the lightest 26" tire I could find (6 ply a must).

Old 08-24-2004, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

lift kits- i am mixed, and this is coming from the guy who said **** in taking this freaking thing off because i thought it was the problem of all of my cv joint problems, infact it was the wheel bearings so for now, the lift stays on it does help in the ruts, and it lifts the bike, thats why i bought it, i also think that it helps everywhere all around, another ++++ is the exhaust and intake sit higher to make it through those deep holes. dont lift without big tires tho or you will get a very tippy ride

26" lites are seeming to be the tire of choice nowadays, even tho i love my 589's i would prolly get lites, when i replace them being they ate well lite.

v581

Quick Reply: Few questions about aftermarket tires.