Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

anyone make a gusset kit for lt's?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone make a gusset kit for lt's?

anyone make a kit for lt250r frames or where do u need to gusset it?

Old 08-19-2004, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

so wats the deal with you...you sold/are selling your LT...yet you still ask all kinds of questions about them...did you buy another...did you ever get that aftermarket frame?? fill us in

Old 08-19-2004, 07:49 AM
Pro Rider

i'm trying to sell it, but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen. i was asking 3700 which i think is really fair, but oh well. i still have been talking to the guy with the aftermarket frame. he's having it sandblasted right now. he wants a little over a grand for it. i'm not sure i want to spend that much. after all, it's probably just better to buy a honda 250r. i'm not sure yet.

Old 08-19-2004, 07:51 AM
Pro Rider

also i'm asking these questions, because i've been jumping this one pretty high, and if it doesn't sell, i'm gonna buy another frame gusset it and have it powdercoated white.

Old 08-31-2004, 02:44 AM
Weekend Warrior

I gusseted my own. If you know someone who can TIG weld its easy. If not it might cost you a couple hundred bucks. I was jumping my zilla alot at the dunes and it developed a bunch of cracks up front in the area between the A-arms (6 cracks total). Once I get some pics of the quad I'll post em if you like. Since the gusseting I have had no more probs.

Old 08-31-2004, 09:40 AM
Pro Rider

We bought a $6.00 piece of metal at Menard's and my boyfriend cut it to size and took the pieces to the grinding wheel to make them smooth. He made it look easy. It was a lot cheaper than ordering a gusset kit if you're looking to save money.

Old 08-31-2004, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

can u post some pics of where u gussted the frame. that's what i really need to know

Old 08-31-2004, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 800screws
can u post some pics of where u gussted the frame. that's what i really need to know
Look at my pics. HSD recommends that you add a crossmember to the frame as shown on my pic #5, and do the same for the upper A-arm bracket. I know he makes a gusset kit for my frame.

Old 09-01-2004, 01:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

the gusseting I did to my zilla looks very similar to how a yfz450 frame looks up front. you need crossmembers that connect both bottom frame tubes at both the front and rear A-Arm mounts that go from inside to inside of each tube to form a ladder. The same should be done with the upper A-Arm mounts. I also ran a gusset plate between the 2 bottom A-arm frame tubes to cap off the ladder on the botton. I left the top ladder open for radiator clearance. I also gusseted between the 2 top tubes(the curved ones on top of the front of the frame under the hood) at the point where they join the front bumper mount. There are also 2 verticle tubes that run just ahead of the motor that join the upper and lower A-Arm ladders at the back. I gussetted between these verticle tubes at both ladder connection points. I hope this makes sense lol.

Old 01-27-2005, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

alrite im gettin ready to gusset my frame...and i know pretty much what im going to do, but i need a little help. Please work with me on my explanations.
- I will be running 4-5 gusset tubes between the left and right a arm mount frame tubes. One will be in the very front above the origional bottom bumper mount, and will be in between the top a arm mount frame tubes. The other 3-4 will be running from the a arm mounts to the opposite side. I am considering not doing one of the tubes ( bottom, closest to the engine ) because there is already something there.

- I will also run corner plates in these places...- on each side of the a arm gussets, and the front ones will connect the gusset to the frame and to the tubes for the bumper mounts. - 2 more on the frame tubes going straight up in front of the engine - 2 on the seat latch - and one on the right side foot peg mount

I need to know if you think i should put the 5 tube running in between the a arm mounts, what i can do to the upper shock mount, and what i need to do with the right side foot peg mount..( left side interferes with shifter ) Please respond, and if your confused about something just ask. thanks

This shows some of the gusset's...

Quick Reply: anyone make a gusset kit for lt's?