King Quad Review

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 11:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Quad Review

Off Road Atv magazine just posted a review of the new King Quad online
Text
pretty favorable review. I will be picking up my new TP 700 next week and be getting rid of my Grizzly at that time as well. I just thought I would let you all know about this since it is so highly anticipated. I still the the Prairie/Twin Peaks better for my type of riding. What are your opinions about the review?
Hummer

Old 09-05-2004, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default King Quad Review

Originally posted by: hummer645
Text
I still the the Prairie/Twin Peaks better for my type of riding. What are your opinions about the review?
Hummer
I have been watching this thing a lot. Did you know this is quicker accelerating than the twin peaks, and faster? It slides probably just as well. Higher top speed than the BF.

I think this is a better machine for you than the TP. It looks 100% perfect for me. I am going to go get one as soon as I see a yellow one at the dealer. Of all the reviews, the only thing they had to say bad about it is their stuff got soaked in the rear storage. This is definitely the best machine.

Hold off on that TP purchase. The KQ is a better buy.

Old 09-05-2004, 12:25 AM
Range Rover
Default King Quad Review

I never liked suzuki, but this Quad is set up nice. I wanted the BF750 but it's missing key features like EFI and Recoil starting, plus any motor repairs should be cheaper. Looks like Suzuki did their homework, just wish they would speed up their production line.

Old 09-05-2004, 12:29 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default King Quad Review

Nyroc, I am getting a really great deal on the TP, and every month I wait my Grizzly with be worth less and less. I think the KQ will be a great quad, but I think I the way the solid rear axle handles better. You get your KQ, just keep your tech tips up for the Prairie/TP so I can use some of them.

Old 09-05-2004, 09:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default King Quad Review

I have to agree that KQ will be a great atv though. Looks like the reviewers could find very few fauts it. How many of you are planning to check it out?

Old 09-05-2004, 10:29 PM
Trailblazer
Default King Quad Review

I've almost settled upon the TP as well. What concerns me is on Nyroc's website I read about a cure for bearings in the cases. I'm hoping this is cured for the new ones? I also like the solid axle as it seems simpler (less stuff to break or repair). I wanted a griz but I've read too much about CV boot and fuel boiling. I think every quad will have its problems, but like the TP the best. Also I've found good deals to be had.

For those of you who have a TP, what will it look like once that plastic front bumper cover breaks off? I'm hoping it has the same bumper as the P700 under there?

Thanks, and that's my .02

Old 09-06-2004, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider
Default King Quad Review

I am going to check it out. I wonder if it will beat the t.p. with mods. Probably can not mod the efi kq as easily. The efi sure will be nice.

Old 09-06-2004, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default King Quad Review

after the kq hits the dealers, if anyone wants a sickly modded vinson you know where to find me.

Old 09-06-2004, 10:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default King Quad Review

Hey Nyroc, are you going to keep your Prairie if you get the King Quad?
To everyone else out there how many have read the review of the King and what are your thoughts.

Old 09-06-2004, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default King Quad Review

I will hang on to the prairie for a while. I am hoping to use it to make some more ATV friends. That might not work out though, if those friends break my P650 too often. My 2 quad trailer is almost done. I don't think I would recommend to anyone to build their own trailer. It was a lot more work than I thought.
Here are some photos.

I will probably waltz right in to the dealer and grab a yellow one if they have it. If it isn't a good deal, I might wait and look around more.

Quick Reply: King Quad Review