Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

your opinion z 400

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default your opinion z 400

I've had my Z for over a year now, it's been quite impressive. I've had zero problems with mine except the fuel tank breather got clogged once, and lost a screw on the side of the carb. I do alot of trails and woods riding, after putting on the pipe, air box mod, and dropping down a tooth, couldn't be happier. Just common stuff, like brake pads, oil changes, and it goes. Very happy with mine.

Old 09-06-2004, 03:47 AM
Pro Rider

Yea they are easy to wheelie.Great quad.
Good choice.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-06-2004, 03:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love mine. The front shocks are too soft stock but otherwise I don't have any complaints. The power is smooth, it revs out like crazy and it handles great. I installed a PRM rear skid and an Armadillo chassis skid. The OEM rear tires are too short for rocky terrain (20's) so I relaced them with 22" Maxxis All-Traks. I've not had any problems with my quad and I got it used.

Old 09-06-2004, 11:52 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: droz
there is things i love about mine.....like reverse....its very comfortable, great handling

downside.....i keep having this prob where its eitehr getting water or air somewhere its not supposed to be cuz the thing runs like crap....took it tot he dealer showed them the prob they look it over and can't find a thing wrong

overall i think i prolly wouldn't buy a suzuki again though......having a brand new bike and having probs with it just really turned me off and makes me wish i would have kept my old bike or stayed with the same brand when i got a new one
well if the dealer cant find anything wrong with the quad, either you just think it runs like crap, or you need to rejet it. Either that or its one of those one in a million things where something is just wrong that the dealer cant spot, in that case i'd get ahold of suzuki, hopefully your still under warranty

Old 09-06-2004, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider

i love ours. it has great, snappy power, the suspension is very cushy which i like. some of the more aggressive people will complain that the shocks on this thing are to soft, but i like a nice plush ride and i have never bottomed the shocks even on some bigger jumps. ive also heard complaints about it being cramped for an over 6 ft tall rider, but im 6' 3" 170 pounds and i think it feels very roomy. shifting is very smooth, and the brakes are also very good, front and rear. especially the fronts, they will stop you on a dime. it slides great and jumps great, wheelies are easy to. handling is very good and it never feels tippy. fender protection sucks but thats what you get on a sport quad. it could also use a little more low end grunt, but what it already has is satisfactory.

overall, a great all around machine that is fun to ride anywhere and definitely worth the money.

Old 09-06-2004, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

my friend has a 03 z, has tooo many problems with it. the swinger is cracked, a-arm mounts are crackinf, fender mounts are cracking, cam chain tension went out on it. he doesn ride it hard, but it shouldnt be that F*cked up

be careful how you jumpit if u get one

Old 09-06-2004, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

ive heard many people complain about things cracking but its not like im gonna be jumping in MX, this bike is for the trails and sand thats all....nothing a weld couldnt fix.

Old 09-06-2004, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

I jump with mine and never had a problem yet with anything breaking
the only problem I have is keeping it right side up and the rubber down
they do wheelie very easy

Old 09-06-2004, 08:13 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: mucky
I jump with mine and never had a problem yet with anything breaking
the only problem I have is keeping it right side up and the rubber down
they do wheelie very easy
right on man, i agree 100%...i havent had any problems with anything on my dvx, i hear there were problems with the kawisuki in '03 but they seem to have fixed them for 04'

Old 09-06-2004, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

my buddy has an 03 z4, he has no probs with it. and ive rode it a few times, nice power and handling

Quick Reply: your opinion z 400