Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

King Quad VS. Twin Peaks

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Quad VS. Twin Peaks

Witch on is better for trail riding, performace, and ride. I do not haul or intend to work with the bike.

Old 09-08-2004, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

I can already tell that this thread has the makings of one of those discussions that escalates into an all-out keyboard war. Nonetheless, my opinion is just as good as the next guy's, so take it or leave it:
I basically think that stock for stock, the KingQuad will have the TwinPeaks beat in almost every category except for quicker-paced riding and maybe utility work where IRS has a disadvantage of being squatty. Other than that, the machines are very evenly matched, but I see the KingQuad just barely edging out the TwinPeaks because of it's great suspension and more powerful engine. Mud, hills, rocks, water, etc. the TwinPeaks is an awesome machine, but I still think the KingQuad will edge it out by the skin of it's teeth. The KingQuad will probably be more complicated to mod due to the EFI and there's a huge aftermarket for the Prairie/TwinPeaks.

RedGoblin= 2 cents

Old 09-09-2004, 02:32 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with redgoblin. I am thinking about trading for the kq for the efi along with all the other advantages. Only 100 more and you get 1000 worth of advantages.

Old 09-09-2004, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

I think that suspension and chassis is being shared with the BF and I wasn't that impessed, I thought it was a little stiff for an IRS setup. I also would be very surprised if suki has figured out how to get rid of all that vibration that all the big bore sigle jug qauds seem to have. But that being said if you are more sport oriented rider and like to power slide, jumd, wheeeeeleee, ect ect ect. You would probably be happier with the Twin peaks. If that is not the case and you like to rock crawl, mud bogg ect ect ect then you might l want to lean towards some of the IRS quads. I hink this mighrt be better settled after this years shootouts when there is more info avaialble. I know I would't give up any of my parrie chassis quads for a BF so I doubt I will for a KQ but will try and keep an open mind and let you know after actualy test riding one. I thought the BF that I had the oportunity to spend a few hours on and a few days observing was just a little more powerfull and a lot less fun to ride, and the number one reason I ride is to have fun!!!

Old 09-09-2004, 03:14 PM
Trailblazer

Lets not forget the STP/P700 has been on the market for close to 2 years vs the KQ which has yet to be released. The KQ better have more refined features vs the 2 year old platform. Either way we have another bike to pick from.

Personally I will be looking at buying the KQ as my new second bike after it has been on the trails for at least 6 months. By then we will know if the EFI is dependable enough vs carb bikes. As for which one is better, I don't care because I own the Kawi 700 and in the end, each bike will travel the same trail or mud bog and ultimatly both riders will have huge smiles as their helmet comes off.

Buy your machine, drive like hell and come home tired!!

Old 09-09-2004, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cc1999
I think that suspension and chassis is being shared with the BF and I wasn't that impessed, I thought it was a little stiff for an IRS setup. I also would be very surprised if suki has figured out how to get rid of all that vibration that all the big bore sigle jug qauds seem to have. But that being said if you are more sport oriented rider and like to power slide, jumd, wheeeeeleee, ect ect ect. You would probably be happier with the Twin peaks. If that is not the case and you like to rock crawl, mud bogg ect ect ect then you might l want to lean towards some of the IRS quads. I hink this mighrt be better settled after this years shootouts when there is more info avaialble. I know I would't give up any of my parrie chassis quads for a BF so I doubt I will for a KQ but will try and keep an open mind and let you know after actualy test riding one. I thought the BF that I had the oportunity to spend a few hours on and a few days observing was just a little more powerfull and a lot less fun to ride, and the number one reason I ride is to have fun!!!
I don't believe that the KingQuad and Brute Force share the same suspension because in the independent reviews, the remarks about handling have been very different for either machine.

Old 09-09-2004, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

I am by no means stating they are as a fact, Just from the photos I have seen they looked the same to me and that they have been working on the ATV lines together for sometime now. I would mention that the DW article on the BF seemed totaly different than the ATV acion article. by the reviews you might think they were talking about two different quads. Like I said though I do not know for sure they just looked the same to me. I thinking of it like how Buiks and Pontiacs are built on the same chassis but pontiacs are more known for sporty handeling so they use different spring rates, sway bars, engines, ect. ect.

Old 09-13-2004, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

Hey cc1999 why did you sell the Vforce for the Twin Peaks?

Old 09-14-2004, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider

It beat the crap out of me, because the suspension was way to stiff IMO. I also found that it was not all that fast on the comparison to my old raptor or DS650's, heck my P650 wasn't getting embarrased by it. It just wasn't worth the beating for a bike length or so in a drag race. I thought it would be able to hold its own with raptors and DS's but it wasn't much better at that than my P650l and with out the 4wd the P650 would get it off the line with ease. I herd obut the 700 motor comming out in the prarrie and was going to buy one of those and change out all that gold trim with the silver trim used on the 02 P650's. About the time I got the V-force sold I herd Suki was getting a clone and there was goning to be a blue one. As soon as I got Suki to e-mail me a picture of a blue one I was hooked, and put a deposite on one the next day. It took 6 monts to get it. I still have not found a quad I like better. I am having one custome made into an 800 HO, so I can run with the sport quads at the drags and a least put up a good fight. I am told that it should have no problem beating DS's , Raptors and maybe even a few banshees, I can't wait to try it out.

Old 09-14-2004, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody know the top speed of the twin peaks and the KingQuad?

Quick Reply: King Quad VS. Twin Peaks