Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

wristpin washer urgent quadracer

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 06:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wristpin washer urgent

Well,im piecing together my top end today.and i noticed that on the piston and piston wristpin diagram,there are little washers that go on either side of the wristpin bearing(i guess to keep the rod from sliding back and forth)i had ordered this part,and the two washers i got from my dealer,will not fit,they fit around the wristpin,but there isnt enough room in the inside of the piston for the wristpin bearing and the 2 washers to fit! i checked the part number on the package with the dealer and he says the number is right,but the washers i got arent regular wahsers,they look more like the washers that go on the "crank wristpin".i have a brand new wiseco piston and crank and a wiseco hot rod. will the factory spacers work with wiseco pistons and rods? are these spacers necesary? or do you guys think they sent me the wrong part?

Old 09-10-2004, 06:18 AM
Pro Rider
Default wristpin washer urgent quadracer

well after looking in my manual,im positive i have the wrong parts.it says there should be a relief in the washers that the needle bearing fits into,and that washers i got have no relief to speak of,they actually look like crush washers? still any input on this will be really helpful

Old 09-10-2004, 12:33 PM
Range Rover

i shouldnt say this cause i'll go home and grenade my top end, but i did my rebuild a couple of months ago without them and have been fine.

Mark

Old 09-10-2004, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider

i blew my top end a few months back because one of those bastard washers broke and locked it all up and scored the side of the cylinder.so i ordered a weisco prolite piston kit.it came with everything but the washers b/c the kit dosnt come with washers.i wanted to rebuild it so i could ride that weekend and didnt want to use them(they break all the time) or wait for them to come in.so i called wiseco 2 different times and talked to 2 different service reps to make sure of this.they both said that if i have thrust washers on the crank pin(quadracers come stock with them on the crank pin and wrist pin)then i didnt have to use them on the piston wristpin.they said if i didnt have them on the crank pin then i have to use them on the wristpin.so i rebuilt it and left them out.it has given me absolutley no problems so far with 40+ hrs on it.

Old 09-10-2004, 03:03 PM
Range Rover

Actually NeedaR, i asked a guy at wiesco in the engineering dept, and he said that you do need them, not sure why we are getting difference ansewers to the same question.

Mark

Old 09-10-2004, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

wierd.oh well.i chose not to put them in and its holding up just fine so far.its just 2 less things that can go wrong in my opinion.
they both said that i WOULD need them if i didnt have them on the crank pin but if i had them on the crank pin then i didnt need them on the piston pin.

Old 09-10-2004, 03:33 PM
Range Rover

I dont have them either, actually its your fault... I saw your nightmare and didnt want to repeat it.

Mark

Old 09-10-2004, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

heres something that might scare you guys.when i took this motor apart. the guy before me didnt use the washers.i didnt know you were suposed to have them at the time. well i noticed on one side of the rod,that it looked like it had been rubbing sometimes on the crank,because it was able to slide so far side to side.this is why i knew something was missing,so i looked in my manual,and there they were.the side of my old rod is scraped up pretty bad..

Old 09-10-2004, 10:48 PM
Range Rover

if you use stock type style pistons you need the washers if you use aftermarket trick setups like I do 86 YZ250 piston or some people use 98RM250 flattop you dont need them but you need to talk to Engine builder like Trinity or LRD etc to get correct set up. Much better with out washers if you get right set up. If you are running with out when you are supposed to need it take it apart before it breaks apart. it will cost alot of money if you wait to later. Trust me I have had one come apart before and it was not pretty about 700 $ later i was finally riding again and I did not put that BS back in.
k-dog

Old 09-11-2004, 04:02 AM
Pro Rider

Do you need them with wiseco pistons?

Quick Reply: wristpin washer urgent quadracer