Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

all king quad 700 and brute force owners... which one to get

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 12:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default all king quad 700 and brute force owners... which one to get

bk8800,

I went through the same dilemma about 3 weeks ago (Brute Force OR King Quad). All I can tell you is that I have NO regrets whatsoever that I bought the 'Brute Force". I was going to wait for the King Quad to come out and I posted a similar question to yours about a month ago. I'm glad I didn't wait for the King Quad--the Brute Force is AWESOME........the acceleration is so good you literally have to hang on to keep from flying off the back when you pin the throtte. It has so much power and acceleration that you can actually throw roost on the trails like a sport quad.....or you can just putt around and climb and claw your way over obstacles.... it has massive torque. The suspension is top notch and the 4WD system is in a class by itself. My friend and I both have Brute Forces and I can honestly say that we have never gotten stuck and we go thru some pretty hairy s***! I'm sure the King quad is also going to be great, but there is no way its going to have the acceleration that this V-twin has. I have not ridden the King Quad so I ultimately cannot say one is better than the other...but I can tell you this....the Brute Force has everything you would want...it can be a sport quad and a ulility quad. It has awesome acceleration, torque, suspension, handles great, is GREAT in the mud and water. If the King Quad is better overall, then all the power to it.........but you'll just have to wait and test ride them both to see what suits you and your friend.

Old 09-20-2004, 12:42 PM
Trailblazer

By the way, I've had my Brute Force up to 70 mph on a flat paved road. I know people on here say the KQ will do 72........who F****** cares! They're sport/utility quads for God's sake.

Old 09-20-2004, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

If it is true that the KQ does hit 72mph. Then I would also assume that it must be geared on the tall side. Top speed numbers don't always tell the whole story of the performance of a machine. My 04 700 sportsman had a GPS verified top speed of 68mph. The only draw-back to that semi-impressive speed is that it took 2 miles down hill with a 40mph tail wind to achieve it. My new BF is night and day, before you even stab the throttle you brace your self for a rapid thrust of acceleration. I added new ITP ATR's on the c-series wheels. Traction and handeling is greatly improved over stock(which wasn't as bad as made out to be, still better than the 700SP was ). So, to wrap up I can't see the KQ accelerating like the BF. If it has a posted higher top speed big deal if it takes all day to get there.

Old 09-20-2004, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MooseUnit
I own a Honda[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]Just for the record, many people are having a lot of problems with debris in the airbox after mudding so I'm not so sure just how well the Brute does in the muck.
Ive been in mud up to the racks and had nothing in the air box.[/quote]

You may or may not be considered lucky then. Look over in the Kawasaki forum and there a quite a few posts about getting mud and water in the breather box.

Old 09-21-2004, 09:45 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: RedGoblin
I own a Honda[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]Just for the record, many people are having a lot of problems with debris in the airbox after mudding so I'm not so sure just how well the Brute does in the muck.
Ive been in mud up to the racks and had nothing in the air box.
You may or may not be considered lucky then. Look over in the Kawasaki forum and there a quite a few posts about getting mud and water in the breather box.[/quote]

What do you think causes this?

Old 09-22-2004, 02:47 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: InsaneApe
By the way, I've had my Brute Force up to 70 mph on a flat paved road. I know people on here say the KQ will do 72........who F****** cares! They're sport/utility quads for God's sake.
Best reply of the month!!!!!!

Old 09-22-2004, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RedGoblin
Ive been in mud up to the racks and had nothing in the air box.
You may or may not be considered lucky then. Look over in the Kawasaki forum and there a quite a few posts about getting mud and water in the breather box.
What do you think causes this?[/quote]

A defect in some of the machines that have been released.