ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Suzuki (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/)
-   -   lt 230s aftermarket parts (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/179327-lt-230s-aftermarket-parts.html)

deonion 11-07-2004 11:36 PM

lt 230s aftermarket parts

Can any one tell me someplace I can get aftermarket parts?????????????

pendejo 11-07-2004 11:47 PM

I had one of those, fun little quad. Anyway, I think Supertrapp makes exhaust systems for it. Check Powroll for engine work, I think they have kits for it. If you don't ride in wet areas, remove the airbox and add a Uni foam filter directly bolted to the carb, I did that with a decent power gain!

Edit: I lied, powroll doesn't have anything, sorry.

AtomicPunk 11-08-2004 08:29 AM

I just got done rebuilding mine this summer. Most everything can be found thru a Parts Unlimited or Tucker Rocky dealer if you have one locally.

Or try:

http://www.rockymountainatv.com

and if you're not in a hurry, they've got a great 200-300 page catalog they'll send out to you for free.

How much are you looking to spend and what do you expect out of it?

yagerzzz 11-08-2004 09:40 PM

Actually Powroll does still offer a kit for this quad, they just don't advertise it or have it in stock anymore. They used to offer several different big bore kits and cams, but they quit due to slow sales. I called them a few months ago and asked them about their best and most famous kit for the 230 sport, the 273cc big bore kit, and they said they would still sell it but only in orders of 4 because they had to machine it from scratch since they don't have it in stock. It comes with a new sleeve that bumps up the displacement to 273cc, and it comes with a 12:1 high compression piston and wrist pin and maybe some other stuff, but I can't remember exactly. I actually posted on here a few months ago to see if anyone else was interested in it and maybe we could go together. The cost for one of the kits is around $300 making the total order around $1200. I would be interested in 1 or maybe 2 kits, so I'd need at least 2 other committed buyers before I'd order it. If you're interested, post message me and I can look into it again and find the details. Or, if you want to call about it yourself, the person I talked to at Powroll was Scott.

Good to hear some enthusiasm on the 230 sport - the original 4 stroke sport quad!

yagerzzz 11-08-2004 09:54 PM

Oh yea, one more thing. Goki is now making the electric start kit for the 230 sport again. I don't know if you guys remember them but they made electric start kits back in the late 80's for the q-sport and several honda 3 wheelers. I haven't seen their ads for about 10 years and about 2 months ago, they had an ad in my 3&4 wheel action magazine and they're offering that kit again. Pretty cool! I can't remember off the top of my head but I think it's around 250 bucks. Could be more though.

MalHombre 11-09-2004 12:18 AM

yagerzzz, i'm rebuilding my motor soon and interested in the big bore kit. i might know someone wanting the 4th.

vincescycles.tripod.com is a good source for qsport 230 parts too.

deonion, what yr quad do you have?

pendejo 11-09-2004 01:00 PM

I knew they made one! I thought I was losing it. The guy I sold my bike to said he bought a powroll 280 kit about 2 weeks after I sold him my quad, must have meant that one. Said that it would keep up with a stock 250 two-stroke quad. Good luck in your performance quest for the old 230, they're fun! Especially in the snow with crappy turf tamers!

yagerzzz 11-09-2004 05:22 PM

pendejo,
no you're not crazy. The 273 12:1 compression kit was always considered the best kit for the 230. I remember a shootout long ago that pitted the 230 against the 250X and Mojave, and the 230 had a 260 11:1 kit (I think), and it smoked the other 2. I've always wondered how fast the 273 12:1 engine would be. If it is anywhere even close to a 250 2 stroke, I'll be freakin estatic!

MalHombre,
First of all, your 230 looks pretty sweet. I love your swingarm and exhaust. I'm planning on getting that same exhaust. As for a swingarm, I doubt I'll find one like yours but I was planning on retro fitting an aluminum one from a 250qracer. I've seen it done.

I'll call and find out the details again on the kit from Powroll. I'll try to do it sometime this week. In the meantime, if you can find at least one other person whose interested, that would be great. In fact, if you can find 2, that would be even better because it would be a little easier talking the wife into getting 1 kit rather than 2. Also, I tried finding a way to send you a private e-mail from this site but couldn't figure out how. My e-mail is pjaegers@rgare.com One thing to keep in mind is that the big bore kit doesn't include any cam work. However, they said you can send them your cam as long as it's not worn too bad, and they'll build it up to their high performance specs. This is an additional charge, but I would recommend it. Or, there are other companies that will rework your stock cam like LA Sleeve, or Web Cam. I'd probably stick with Powroll since they may know what works better with their high compression big bore kit, but that's up to you.

Later,
Yagerzzz

MalHombre 11-09-2004 11:15 PM

Yagerzzz, yeah i still can't believe my luck finding that swingarm on ebay. WestCoast used to make hi-perf stuff for the atc-atv crowd back in the mid 80's then got out of atv's and into pwc's in the early 90's. really put this project on track for some serious fun!

looks like no takers on the big bore kit tho. sorry! my friend doesn't want one now and i think i'll just get my motor cleaned up and ready for phase II later.

yagerzzz 11-10-2004 12:08 PM

MalHombre,

That's fine about the big bore kit. I actually am not ready to start working on my sport right now. I have several other quad projects before that one. I just wanted to get ahold of the kit before they quit making it entirely. However, if I come across a few people that are interested in the future, I'll keep you in mind.

By the way, I have lots of extra parts for the sport if you ever need anything. One more thing, if you looking for a wider axle, a 250 quadracer axle is about 3 inches wider and it fits perfectly into the sport bearing carrier. However, you need to get one from an 85-89 to have the same hub splines as a quadsport if you want to run your sport hubs. From 90-92, the 250's have larger splines like the quadzilla. I did this to my sport and it helps a lot around corners.