Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Suzuki King

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 05:10 AM
ELF
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suzuki King

I just bought a new KQ and i love it.Ive had smaller atvs and loved every one of them. The KQ is by far the leader of the pack. My friend has a Griz. We went on our first trailride last weekend. I climbed some big a** hills that he sat at the bottom thinking "hmm, I'm not going" My king crawled it like it was a bunny slope. Isn't it fun to be the leader of the pack???
Only downfall is that now the wife thinks she needs one. $7,500 +7,500= OUCH
I like the info that I get from the forum. Would like hearing from other KQ fans

Old 11-20-2004, 07:17 AM
Pro Rider
Default Suzuki King

Congrats ! hope you enjoy it for a long time and if you have to buy the wife one, at least you can be thankful it's not a ferarri [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Oh yeah, Welcome to the site.

Old 11-20-2004, 09:28 AM
Trailblazer
Default Suzuki King

I don't believe my wife will be wanting a King but you never know![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Welcome aboard!

BigDozer66

Old 11-20-2004, 03:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Suzuki King

The Grizz is also a very capable hill climber just like your KQ.The RIDER has alot to do with hill climbing too.A good rider on the Grizz would have climbed up the same hill with no probelm either.

Bill

Old 11-20-2004, 05:20 PM
Trailblazer
Default Suzuki King

I just picked mine up the other night. Except for on the trailer then back off, I have not had a chance to even try her out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img].
Winch mount & plow mount backordered, supposably next week.

What is everyone doing to their King? I was looking at the mud lites, but from what everyone says about no low end, I am afraid to put larger tires on yet.

What are you folks doing for break in? Baby it or ride it like you stole it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]?
Thanks,
Eric

Old 11-20-2004, 05:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Suzuki King

JimDandy,
I warm up my KQ real good,and than I ride it hard with SHORT bursts of full throttle operation.When the fan comes on,I shut it down for a little bit.I only shut the engine down when the fan come on for the first 10 mile ride.When the KQ was brand new,the fan come on ALOT.

I had rode the KQ 3 more times for a total of about 40 miles and than I CHANGED the oil/filter.Last week end,I did one trip with my ATV club that was 65 miles long.I ride it however I want now.

I have 26 inch 589s all the way around on my new KQ.I have a 2500 lb Warn Winch and im waiting for the Montana Jack 3 point hitch system to be completed so I can install it.I dislike the normal position that the Winch sits into the frame,seems way to LOW and suspect to mud/debree sitting that low in the frame.

I also have a 60 inch Cycle Country snow plow that I'll be hooking up as soon as CC gets a plow mount ready for the new KQ.

What a nice ATV!The more I ride it,the more I enjoy it.

Bill

Old 11-20-2004, 06:04 PM
Trailblazer
Default Suzuki King

Originally posted by: JimDandy
I just picked mine up the other night. Except for on the trailer then back off, I have not had a chance to even try her out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img].
Winch mount & plow mount backordered, supposably next week.

What is everyone doing to their King? I was looking at the mud lites, but from what everyone says about no low end, I am afraid to put larger tires on yet.

What are you folks doing for break in? Baby it or ride it like you stole it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]?
Thanks,
Eric
Eric,
I have only heard of 1 person saying the King didn't have any low end.

Everyone else, myself included, has said it has tons of low end![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I just don't want Mucho Tires so it isn't something I would think of putting on there.

BigDozer66

Old 11-20-2004, 06:44 PM
Trailblazer
Default Suzuki King

BigDozer: Sorry, let me restate my comment: the issue people seem to be complaining about with the efi below 10mph. Since I will mainly just be plowing with it this winter, and speeds mostly < 10 mph, should I hold off on the larger tires? Also, any possible fixes for the winch mount, or is it something we will have to live with? My mount isn't in yet, so I haven't even thought about it...

Muddy for life: I got the Moose Country Plow, in 50", dealer said the bigger plow was causing problems with the push tubes???

Old 11-20-2004, 09:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Suzuki King

JIMDANDY,
[no disrespect intended to you]
I think your ''dealer'' is full of BS!There is no issue's with the push tubes on the bigger size plows.In fact,the push tube for the bigger plows are the same ones that the smaller ones use.The only differance would be the mounting plates that would mount to DIFFERANT types of ATVs.

Bill

Old 11-20-2004, 10:41 PM
Trailblazer
Default Suzuki King

Originally posted by: JimDandy
BigDozer: Sorry, let me restate my comment: the issue people seem to be complaining about with the efi below 10mph. Since I will mainly just be plowing with it this winter, and speeds mostly < 10 mph, should I hold off on the larger tires? Also, any possible fixes for the winch mount, or is it something we will have to live with? My mount isn't in yet, so I haven't even thought about it...

Muddy for life: I got the Moose Country Plow, in 50", dealer said the bigger plow was causing problems with the push tubes???
JimDandy,
If there is one thing in life I really don't know about it it would be snow![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Or [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] maybe!

Down here in East Texas we don't see a lot of snow. Maybe 3-4 times in my lifetime have we had snow accumulations.

My wife wants to go (or come) up North sometime for a 'White Christmas' so we can wear something besides Shorts and T-Shirts when we celebrate.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

BigDozer66

Quick Reply: Suzuki King