Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

what's better?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 01:05 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what's better?

I got a Z400 but I kind of like the honda 450R. The YFZ 450 is a nice quad but I don't want one and have no need for it cuz it's mainly a MX quad. I want to wait and see if suzuki comes out with a 450 version and I don't know if I should buy the first year it comes out either. But that honda is looking real good though but I just can't get over that it has a kick start. I heard too that the 450R is having frame problems. I like suzuki and honda, give me some info!

Old 11-29-2004, 10:11 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what's better?

I bought the Z waiting around for Honda to come out with a 450. I bought the 450, waiting around for Honda to come out with a 650. My point is that you can wait around forever for what MIGHT come out, or you can get something and RIDE!

Your Z is the best all-around machine there is, hands down! It is good on both the trails and in open country or dunes. So if you can be happy riding it, you aren't missing out on anything. Especially if you are mostly a trail rider, stick with the Z!

The 450R has a good handleing both on the trail and in open country. But, the motor likes to rev, and it is geared tall. It is a VERY poor choice if you do any type of technical trail riding at all. Never heard of any widespread 450R frame problems???? I thought it was the Z that had frame problems? Any bike that is abused is going to have frame problems!

Old 11-29-2004, 11:23 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what's better?

Thanks, that helped me out some!