Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

eiger questions/problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 11:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eiger questions/problem

i have an 03 eiger manual 4x4. i got a new k&N air filter for it. i don't need to do any kind of jetting for this do I. It should be fine just putting the new air filter on with out tampering with anything else right?

also today i rode in water. the water was right below the seat of the atv, but it stalled and had to be towed out. it took a while and finaly got it to start. why would it stall when the water did not get up into the air intake?

Old 01-30-2005, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

Yes you will have to rejet, its a neccesity !!

Old 01-30-2005, 11:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

If your eiger was jetted pretty good before, the filter may not make it lean enough to matter, but a lot of people (including me) seem to have eigers that run pretty lean from the factory. If you are already on the lean side, you should try jetting a couple of sizes richer. Jets are fairly cheap, and easier to install than most people think. Just do one thing at a time, and make sure you can go back to where you started from, and you shouldn't have any problem.

Old 01-30-2005, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

I have like a curse where everything i touch brakes LOL i just let the perfessionals do it!!!!!!!

Old 01-30-2005, 11:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

where is the cheapest place to get jets and what kind do i need? i have no idea about this

Old 01-31-2005, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

Ok, jets come in sizes 1 2 and 3. The higher the jet, the more mixture is released. When the piston moves up there are little spray nossels that spray the air/fuel mixture into the cylinder. When you get a pipe or filter it demands more fuel to be burned at a quicker rate than stock. When you rejet your replacing the nossels for larger ones that can spray more air/fuel mixture creating faster responce.

Correct me if I have made any errors Im still figuring out how to work on internal combustion engines.

On the Eiger I really wouldnt go any size bigger than one on your jets. It will solve all your problems!

So get a Jet 1 kit( 50-60$) at a cycle shop or your local dealer,

Hope this helps,

7QS7

Old 01-31-2005, 12:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

thanks i just saw k&N sells a jet kit for $45 at rocky mountain atv. how hard to install?

Old 01-31-2005, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

If u want to do it follow the instructions, i just trust the dealer on some things, if i do 1 wrong thing installing it the whole thing is screwed up, go in and watch the dealer do it and do it the next time!

Old 01-31-2005, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

The jet kit is the way to go. you get a few jets and an adjustable needle and all the questions you have are answered in the kit. I kighly recommend a jet kit!!! A clutch kit is also a must have.
7quadsport7, jets come in all sizes and numbers. Do you ride with the Midwest trail riders or the lincoln country riders? They're based in evansville and ride somewhere almost every weekend. We're looking forward to seeing them again at the spring jamboree at windrock (and a couple thousand others riders).

Old 01-31-2005, 08:19 PM
Range Rover

You can save a little money and buy the Keihin jets seperately from the dealer instead of a kit. They are around $3 or 4 bucks a piece. Factory is a 122, I had a 130 in w/ the k&n before I got my pipe and the plug read great.
Just try one, ride around and see how it feels, read the plug to see if it's burning right. If not go up or down a size. At the most, 8 bucks and you're done.

Quick Reply: eiger questions/problem