Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Get over the reverse issue, the new King is one great quad.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005 | 09:56 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Get over the reverse issue, the new King is one great quad.

I realize that the ECM replacement on the new King Quad is not the optimum solution for the reverse problem. It would be ideal it there weren't a rev limiter at all. However, I have read many entries in this forum and others that are discouraging people from considering the new King. Many people are looking at other ATV's because of all the bad press this reverse issue has gotten. The truth is the new King Quad is a fabulous quad. I personally couldn't be happier with mine. I have never been a Suzuki fan until I took a chance on this one, and I can't see myself buying anything else in the future. If you are considering the King Quad, I for one highly recommend it.

Old 02-05-2005 | 10:08 PM
Trailblazer

I agree. I just went on a ride (35 miles) today with three King Quads including my own. This is an incredible machine. I do have concerns about the reverse issue, but most of my concerns were originated by these posts. I even bought the extended warranty due to the concern . But I can tell you that I love my KQ compared to others I have had and rode. It handles better than any other quad except sport quads I have been on. Would I wait if I did not buy one yet? of course. But I already have mine and I am going to ride it!

Old 02-06-2005 | 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

It certainly is about time that somebody posted a thread like this one. I just heard at the dealer today that ATV magazine gave the K.Q. the highest honor available to ANY quad: 2005 All round quad of the year. Realize that this machine got this honor WITH the reverse problem widely known!

Old 02-06-2005 | 05:25 PM
Trailblazer

I'll get over it when I can ride mine again. It was an awsome day for riding and I have no quad. My reverse went out after the ECM update so my dealer is trying to talk to a rep before it gets tore down and fixed. The new ecm doesn't bother me, and it shouldn't discourage any potential buyers. What bothers me is that it really doesn't fix or prevent anything. Unfortunately I am the example of this. I feel that either you have a KQ that will break or you don't. The ecm won't make a difference. There have been people put 1000 miles without a problem and people that have had 120 miles and the reverse went(mine). The only thing that is reassuring at this point is that I have yet to hear of a second failure. I also feel outside of the forums the reverse issue isn't well known.

Old 02-06-2005 | 06:58 PM
Range Rover

...taken from another forum..

Saw a girl riding a brand new KQ yesterday out on the trails. She went in a mudhole,tried to back out,and it just hits the rev limiter,even with the override. It was pathetic to see a $7,000 machine being so restrained......I hope all of you get a full refund.

Old 02-06-2005 | 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

My Eiger has a very low rev limiter in reverse also, but as you menchioned, its still one of the best quads around or in its class, i love myn, its all i ever need for mud and work.

Old 02-06-2005 | 08:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Yep, its a great machine. So was the 2001 raptor...

Old 02-06-2005 | 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

the 01' raptor had tranny problems, thought u would know that by now maddog

Old 02-06-2005 | 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Trailguide
...taken from another forum..

Saw a girl riding a brand new KQ yesterday out on the trails. She went in a mudhole,tried to back out,and it just hits the rev limiter,even with the override. It was pathetic to see a $7,000 machine being so restrained......I hope all of you get a full refund.
Yeah I've gotten to the point I don't believe anything I read on the internet anymore. So many punks trying to shoot down other brands.

Old 02-06-2005 | 11:24 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 7QuadSport7
the 01' raptor had tranny problems, thought u would know that by now maddog
Think about it a minute kid...

Quick Reply: Get over the reverse issue, the new King is one great quad.