Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

EPI clutch kit for Eiger

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EPI clutch kit for Eiger

What will this kit do for my 02 Eiger auto? How difficult is it to install?

Old 03-13-2005, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

I reccomend the kit!!! Its not too bad to put in if ya have air tools. I made a spring compressor to swap the driven spring out of a bolt and washers.
It raises the engagement 500 rpms and makes it backshift faster for more power on hills.

Old 03-20-2005, 12:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

Do you have a pic of the tool you made or an description to make it
Thanks Jim

Old 03-22-2005, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

No pics. I just used a long bolt and somethin else. I'm sorry I dont really remember what I used but when ya take it apart and look at ya should be able to come up with something.

If ya have a good relationship with yer dealer he might swap em out for ya if ya already have the pulley out. Or he may lend ya the tool.

Old 03-22-2005, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

you could use a bolt with some big @ss washers and a nut on the other side with another washer...then tighten the bolt with the washers in the spring..compressing it....hope that helps you understand...i am pretty sure that's what Eiger2's talking about

Old 03-26-2005, 02:03 PM
Pro Rider

Exactly, I put the bolt in a vise, dropped a washer on it and a nut. But you need to put a nut on either side under the washer to give ya room to get the nut loose. The bolt needs to be pretty long cause once the retaining nut is loosened (which will be easy once you take the tension off) you will have to back it way off til all the tension on the spring is gone. The next time I'm in the shop I'll measure the spring to let ya know how long it is or when ya get the kit ya can measure it yourself.
I used an impact to get the nuts off the pulleys instead of the special zuki tool. If you put 2 bolts from the clutch cover into the 2 holes on the driven pulley an tighten em down the sheave will open and make belt removal a snap or you can pull the front sheave off but puttin back together is easier with a lil belt play. Be very careful when you pull the front pulley off since the rollers (8) may fall out. also be careful when reinstalling it since the rollers tend to want to hold the face out and you can damage a roller when you put it back together. Just holt the whole assembly together tight when reinstalling.

The kit also comes with springs for the sprag clutch inside the motor. This requires more disassembly, but its pretty easy. Instructions come with the kit. The sprag springs make the motor rev a lil higher (bout 500rpm) before engaging, this gives ya a lil more power on take off, especially important with bigger tires.

Call EPI and they will help ya out. I got the regular kit since the Mudlights are pretty lite tires. 218-829-6036 is the number I called and they walked me thru the process and were there to help with any install questions.

Dalton springs also makes a kit but I have't met anyone with that kit so I can't comment on it but I have read favorable reviews on this forum.

Old 03-31-2005, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: eiger2
I reccomend the kit!!! Its not too bad to put in if ya have air tools. I made a spring compressor to swap the driven spring out of a bolt and washers.
It raises the engagement 500 rpms and makes it backshift faster for more power on hills.
Who did you buy the kit from?

Old 04-01-2005, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

EPI They shipped it in a couple days. All my auto buddies have at least the spring.

Old 05-07-2005, 11:41 PM
Trailblazer

Does this only fit the auto with the 5 speed or the full automatic with the CVT???

Old 05-07-2005, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

it's for the Auto only

Quick Reply: EPI clutch kit for Eiger