Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Suzuki Extended Protection questions...

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 04:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suzuki Extended Protection questions...

I just wanted to get some ideas on this plan and if its worth keeping.. I just bought a new King Quad with the vin being over the cutoff and should already have the new bearing in the reverse. That said, is it worth it to keep the extended protection plan? They charged me $999 for 48 months. The good thing is if I never use it I get the full $999 back after 4 years, the bad, if I use it once for something little I am out the rest. I think I have 30 days to cancel for a full refund... I am not sure what to do, I would hate to loose that money buy it getting used one little time, but at the same time if something does go wrong.... What are your opinions on the plan?

Old 03-19-2005, 05:53 PM
Range Rover

Me personally I got the plan and I think it was worth it. I had a seal go out on either the oil pump or water pump (can't remember) and I just called them up and took it in and got that fixed. Then another time my brake light switch went out so I brought it in to let them fix that as well. Now I know the brake light isnt any big deal but just the switch alone cost 45 bucks. So far I am only six months in on my extended warranty and I'm only out maybe around 450-500 on the 900 I paid for it. Good thing about it is if something simple or complicated goes wrong, just bring it in and don't worry about having to do it yourself. I still have about 3 yrs left on the warranty and I'm sure in that amound of time something else will go wrong to eventually get my money back. Might not be for everyone but I think it was worth it.

Old 03-19-2005, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

Now I see that modifications void it, would putting a little bigger tires or exhaust or other simple things actually void it? I am sure I will not keep it stock for too long....

Old 03-19-2005, 08:31 PM
Range Rover

They charged me $999 for 48 months. The good thing is if I never use it I get the full $999 back after 4 years, the bad, if I use it once for something little I am out the rest
Did they claim this an official Suzuki plan they sold you? Suzuki does not offer the refund plan you mentioned. The price they charged you is also well over the list price for the official Suzuki plan. The Suzuki plan is only 42 months, your initial 6 month warranty + an additional 42 months for a total of 48 months. They can be had for about $500. Sounds like you got bent over. Hope they didn't hose you on the machine price as well. In todays market, you should of gotten no less than $500 off list which is $7199.

Depending on the dealer, they can void the warranty if you use larger tires, different muffler, ect. And rightly so, if you put a new muffler on, do not correct the fuel situation, and burn your piston, they have every right to void the motor warranty. The same would apply to you using large tires and ripping out your CV joints, that's not their fault, no warranty. Now bigger tires and your water pump goes out, that is a different story. Just so you understand what you are getting into when you mod. Everybody does it, just be aware. The dealer also has a lot to do with the warranty repairs. If you have a good one, you should have no problems. If in doubt, ask them.

Just a FYI, the factory muffler on the King Quad flows very well. HMF could only squeek a 1hp gain by adding their pipe. Hardly worth the effort and cost. Besides, the nice shiny stainless steel one from the factory looks pretty good, IMHO. It will tarnish a little from the heat but it is still a nice piece.

Old 03-20-2005, 09:07 AM
Range Rover

I didn't know you could get full refund if it's not used. Are you sure that's right? I thought you only got if you canceled the warranty, then they refund an amount based on the term remaining upon cancellation. (4 year warr. cancelled after 2 years, refund on $600 contract would be about $300 for example) I think that's how it was explained to me by dealer. I'm not saying your wrong but maybe your dealer is making that part up. You better check it out, not that this specific detail matters that much but the character of your dealer could be in question.

Old 03-20-2005, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider

They must have piggybacked the suzuki plan with something else, I have a paper for the suzuki 4 year extended protection which says nothing about a refund other then cancelling it, then another paper that says assurant pro. That one explains the refund after the 4 years is over and only if the plan was never used. I was only told at the dealer that I was getting the suzuki plan, he never mentioned assurant pro. I am gonna call them monday and try to cancel it all. I asked if I decided I wanted to cancel I could get the money back, he said yes, which is stated on the suzuki paper, but the assurant has a line that says its not able to be canceled, man I will be pi$$ed if thats true!
As far as the actual quad, I paid $6600 + tax and title, no setup or other crap, might have been able to find lower, but this was one of only 2 I could find with the Vin above the reverse bearing start. So I should never have reverse go out at least!! mine ends in 52117160

Old 03-20-2005, 03:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yah,
you paid far too much for the extended Suzuki warrenty..I got mine for 450 bucks and its a Suzuki Warrenty too.

Old 03-20-2005, 06:31 PM
Range Rover

The price for the machine sounds very reasonable. And you got a new one at that. Didn't do bad in my opinion. The warranty though is a different story. See what you can do. If you just got it, you should be able to back out. Let us know how you make out.

You'll love your machine and should not have any reverse worries!

Old 03-20-2005, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks topgun, I just bought it saturday and have not even picked it up yet, so I hope there is no problem getting that plan cancelled. The KQ is still in a warehouse in the box, the dealer had 2 in stock and was very nice about finding me one with a VIN higher then the cutoff VIN I brought with me!

Old 03-20-2005, 06:55 PM
Range Rover

Assurant is a insurance company that sells service contracts. Sounds like you got their plan and not the Suzuki one. I found their website but it doesn't have the details of the contract, such as cancellation. Since you haven't even taken delivery yet, I would think you could cancel it. In my state, there is what is called buyers remorse to protect you from a bad dealer. You have so many hours to cancel a vehical contract. You should be OK as long as you do something tomorrow. If they give you a hard time, tell them to stick the entire deal. That should change their mind.

Here is a link to the site. Not really anything useful but you can see they sell ATV insurance so that is what you most likely got, not the Suzuki SEP. Unless they sold you the SEP with some kind of insurance from Assurant that gives you your money back if you don't use the SEP plan. You'll have to read the details.

Assurant

If you still want an extended warranty, tell the dealer that you will consider the SEP plan for a reasonable price, like in the $500 range. I know for a fact you can purchase the genuine Suzuki SEP plan on Ebay for between $400 and $500. I'd go up to about $500 or so through the dealer. I paid $399 + tax since the selling dealer was in my home state. Would of paid my local dealer $500 or so but he wouldn't budge. Some will though to get the sale.

Good luck! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Suzuki Extended Protection questions...