Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Vinson Break-In Question(not the same as the others)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 09:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vinson Break-In Question.

I am going to take delivery of my 2 -2005 Vinson Limited Editions tomorrow. My question is tomorrow is going to be colder than usual for our area and also raining, will these odd weather conditions affect how the breakin process seats the rings and what not. Also, how are the vinsons in rain and how easy is it for rain and water from small puddles to enter the carb when going fast. Thanks for any help. These forums have answered many of my questions and ultimately helped me decide on the vinsons over the 2 rincons we had contracts on.

Old 03-21-2005, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vinson Break-In Question(not the same as the others)

As for the cold weather: Just warm her up a little more. Break it in either way. Hard cores say break it in how you're going to ride it/ the manual states otherwise. i've never heard of catastophic failure either way, so..... Puddles? The intake for your air box is right below your nutz. Get it that deep-sans snorkle-and you'll be doing some early service work. Other than that....the only way "puddles" can getcha is if they are silt filled bastards, then your radiator is the only worry you'll have. Good choice on a quad, BTW!

Old 03-21-2005, 09:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Zuk, thanks for the quick response. I think I might not need to worry about the cold to much because Im from Florida and I wasnt thinking that some people ride these things in the snow all day. Its gonna be like 70-80 tomorrow and I was just asking bout the weather cause it will usually be ridden in 95-100 and I wasnt sure if it would messup anything(i guess it was kinda a stupid question on my part, lol) But as for the puddles, thats good to know, because we are always gettin rained on down here. Any trick that I can do inexpensive and quick to make my vinny go quicker than the other one I got to let other people ride(mainly my brother)

Old 03-21-2005, 10:07 PM
Ren
Trailblazer

I wouldnt worry about the cold. Just let it warm up, she will let you know when she is ready.
Im up here in Newfoundland Canada and I got my Vinson in Febuary of 03. It was - 10 celciuswhen I first started mine , and now there are 12000 kms on it. Great engines and I would not worry about any temperature.

Old 03-29-2005, 08:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well Ive had the vinson almost a week now and I havent had a lot of chances to ride. I took it easy for the first 1.5 hours and then I kept her under 30mph and punched full throttle just a few times until about 4.5-5 hours. Now I am just kinda riding it as fast as I want and as hard as I want. Does anyone think this will be ok or should I back off for the next 4 hours?

Old 03-29-2005, 09:21 PM
Trailblazer

I pretty much broke mine in according to the manual until around the 7th hour. Then I started getting a little more agressive with it. But not for extended periods of time. I did that until 10 hours then did my services then went nuts on it. Now I'm around the 47 hr mark and have not had any problems with it.

Old 03-29-2005, 10:14 PM
Ren
Trailblazer

647hrs on mine, still running great