Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Vinson/KQ throttle recall-Stop Sell

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vinson/KQ throttle recall-Stop Sell

Ok, just wanted to vent a little. After being without a bike for almost 9 months due to a fire (well, due to a moron trying to diagnose a timing issue and not paying attention), I'm ready to make the plunge on a Vinny manual. I found a great deal on the bike I wanted four hours from where I live. After four (yes FOUR) days of faxing signatures back and forth and working out the details I call the dealer stating that I'm on the way to pick up the bike. The response I got was "there's a stop sell issued due to throttle recall and we cannot under any circumstances let you take the bike home". Now I'm absolutely hostile, ask the dealer why was I not told this earlier I was told that the salesman is a new guy and he didn't know. I know personally of three different salesman knew about this yet none of them wanted to divulge this information. Needless to say I called the owner and gave him a few choice words and chose to do business elsewhere. Frankly I'd rather support local dealers anyway. This was 10 days ago. I've been in touch with a local dealer who is still waiting on the parts. Does anyone know of a definite date on when the parts may actually arrive? I'm wondering if I asked him to order me a new crated bike from the dealer if it would have the defective parts replaced. I really don't understand what all the fuss is about, it's not going to be freezing around here anytime soon. Why can't they just slap a thick layer of silicon on it? I'm just so damn ticked off right now, pretty day outside, big wad of cash in the bank and can't get the damn bike I want. I really hope my lack of patience get the best of me and make me go buy a Wolverine.

Old 03-26-2005, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider

Not sure on a date but hope its SOON, same thing happened to me with my King Quad, bought it signed the papers, it came into the dealer 2 days later with a recall do not sell sticker on it... I am still waiting, I am hoping next week I will be able to pick it up.

Old 03-26-2005, 06:10 PM
Range Rover

Im very dissapointed in Suzuki and the way some things have been handled. Waiting for a month for a reverse fix and now this crap. They need to get their ducks in a row. Anyone remember why Yugo went out of business? I think it was Yugo.

Old 03-26-2005, 08:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hello guys. Sorry to hear about the tough time you guys are getting for the recall fix. I live in Nova Scotia, Canada and when I heard about the throttle recall, I called my dealer and got it in the next day and out the next!!

Old 03-27-2005, 12:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Could someone give some info about this recall?? I own a 2003 LT-F500F and haven't heard anything about this..

Thanks!!!

Old 03-27-2005, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider

I think its only the 04/05 vinson and 05 king quad right?

Old 03-27-2005, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider

heres a thought, i dont see why they cant put a 02-03 vinson throttle on it(for the vinnys anyways) because the throttle assembly is almost the same, the only thing that is differnt is the appearance of the thumb part, big deal..they made the throttle easier to push , i have no problem on my 2002.

v581

Old 03-27-2005, 04:28 PM
Trailblazer

I bought a 2005 in early february, I have ridden in like 12 inches of snow, around -10 Celsius all the time since I have the quad ... sometimes for 3 - 4 hours ride and no problem yet ... no recall advice or letters still. Maybe my purchase is too new [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2005, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

That 650 Brute Force just keeps looking better and better. I dont like some of the things on it and I really want a KQ, its like my Eiger on roids. But in typical Suzuki fashion theres startup problems. I think they use the general public as their R&D department.

If I look for the higher id nos. I get a corrected KQ???? Is the timing retarted or is the problem fixed? What if I install an aftermarket CDI??

Old 03-27-2005, 09:31 PM
Trailblazer

I picked my King Quad up yesterday and I found some paperwork and plastic from the throttle recall fix kit. So mine was already done when I picked it up. Regarding the reverse issue, I just bought the extended warranty and will not worry about the bike breaking. If it breaks they fix it, end of story. Meanwhile I get to ride the best 4x4 made.

Quick Reply: Vinson/KQ throttle recall-Stop Sell