Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

King Quad owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 07:54 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Quad owners

King Quad owners: Other than the reverse gear issue, are there any other problems, issues, or maintainence quirks with the King Quad 700? I am looking at buying one and want to know what I am getting into. thanks.

Old 03-27-2005, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default King Quad owners

The reverse issue is enough to keep me away. Other than that all I've read is raves for a great machine.

Old 03-27-2005, 12:11 PM
Trailblazer
Default King Quad owners

If you buy a new KQ, buy one with a higher serial number than listed on the Suzuki Dealer Notification which outlines the special 5 year extended reverse warranty. Then you will have the new bearing/shaft update that will (hopefully) eliminate the reverse problem that the early 2005 KQ's with the bushing are having. You can read that notification over on the highlifter.com forum......."topgun" has a photo of it under his KQ photo's.

Old 03-27-2005, 07:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default King Quad owners

they still have problems with the reverse and the tie rods are build out of aluminum foil!

Old 03-27-2005, 09:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default King Quad owners

alhole, have you heard of any KQ700's built after the magic number (with new bearings) that still have the problem?

Old 03-27-2005, 10:29 PM
Trailblazer
Default King Quad owners

i lost reverse in mine and since i've got it back there has been no trouble at all and i've been running her hard in reverse really reemin on it gettin stuck in the deep snow and i would highly recomend it to anyone at least test drive it if nothing else by far the best handling ute i've ever ridin

Old 03-28-2005, 08:58 AM
Trailblazer
Default King Quad owners

I have one of the early machines and now have about 1500 miles on it. No problems with reverse and the warranty on that is 5 years so Suzuki did the right thing. ( I dont run it hard in reverse anyhow)

Go ahead and get one if you like a good handling machine in that class. It is reliable, starts well and gets great gas milage. Suits a medium to large rider. All machines have a few problems and I really think this reverse thing is too bad, otherwise the KQ would be steller.
Save some money to replace those tires though. The rear tires are especially poor in mud and snow.

Old 03-28-2005, 12:32 PM
Trailblazer
Default King Quad owners

The steering can feel a little twitchy at times. The initial power delivery isn't reel exciting, hopefully the rumor about a timing module is true and can fix this. The suspension is top notch though. The tranny drain plug is in a stupid location, under the skid plate. It is a pain to check the oil, plastic has to be removed to do it.

Old 03-30-2005, 07:15 AM
Trailblazer
Default King Quad owners

love my kq! first one my dealer got,have the updates and so far 0 problems. i found the stock tires a little lacking and went to mudlites but i think most folks go to aftermarket tires no matter what quad they own. hoosier vinson mentioned having to take off a plastic guard to get to the dipstick. i went to the auto parts store and bought a diff style of fasteners. i think these are for chrysler products in 5/16. you insert the well nut into your plastic then the fastener is plastic screw which can be easily be taken out and replaced over and over. pack of six or so for a couple of bucks. dealer sells stock fasteners for 2 bucks each. one word of caution. these are a little loose in the holes so i would not use them to replace stock ones on fenders or anywhere that might take a beating. but for these side panels and air box i have yet to have one work loose. good luck

Old 04-01-2005, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider
Default King Quad owners

Since you mentioned the rivets I'll tell ya a lil secret................... Get the ones from Honda. They fit, they hold way better, and they're only 50 cents each or a bag of 10 for $5. Get the bag since you WILL be replacing em.

Quick Reply: King Quad owners