Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

King Quad vs brute 750

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 12:17 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Quad vs brute 750

Originally posted by: FUFIGHTER
you first have to know how to get er up the king quad that is touch the gas just a little as it's creeping forward give er just becareful cause sheel come up on you really fast do this in low i can ride mine 50 yards without er coming down[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

yea it's even easier in low.......

Old 04-05-2005, 02:54 AM
Range Rover

What method do you use in High? I think the biggest problem is the lag Suzuki placed on it for safety. There are a couple of times this came in handy as I was rock climbing and almost tipped it back. In a climbing situation Suzuki was correct, give it more control, not so sensitive. It's tame until about 9 then the hand of god opens up and gives you a good boost. =-) Awesome.

I will chip mine later and put an on off switch if possible. When I'm playing, racing and wheeling mine it will be on, trail riding and climbing it will be off.

My brother with a Rincon wheelies all the time and so does Brute Force, the both had difficulties with mine, but had to bounce on the back of the seat to get it up. I wonder if you rode your uncles before the new ECM?

Old 04-05-2005, 05:15 PM
Trailblazer

He did not get his new ECM yet,......when i wheeli most of the time is cloer to the gas tank and hit the throttle hard, sometimes i pull up if i am going for height or distance, so i know it's very easy cuz i weigh about 265!

Old 04-06-2005, 08:57 PM
Range Rover

FuFighter, I was washing the quad tonight, had to get it out in the street and try your wheelie tip, you are absolutely right. I had just never thought of trying it in low.

Thanks.

Any tips on doing a wheelie in High with little effort would be apprieciated.

Old 04-07-2005, 12:14 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: TheSuzukiKing
FuFighter, I was washing the quad tonight, had to get it out in the street and try your wheelie tip, you are absolutely right. I had just never thought of trying it in low.

Thanks.

Any tips on doing a wheelie in High with little effort would be apprieciated.
in high i just give it a lot of gas and the front end comes up, but that's just a baby wheeli, you could lean back on the seat and hit it to get a better wheeli, what i like to do is stand up, put one knee in the seat, with my foot resting on the back rack lean back a little and hit it and i can hold it for a while, you'll have to get a feel for it, then it's simple!

Old 04-07-2005, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

Your right about the foot thing or i should say standing on the very back of the machine on the rack in high works very well especially going up hill wow lot of fun ye haw!!!!!

Old 04-07-2005, 05:28 PM
Range Rover

I'll play with wheelies in low, before trying to conquer High!!! =-) How far can you ride a wheelie in Low.

I just can't believe I'd never tried it, just push the throttle comes right up. Glad you told me to becareful, thanks. I was testing it out on my street, I'll practice more this weekend as dirt doesn't hurt as much as concrete.

You guys have a great weekend.

Old 04-08-2005, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

The new DirtWheels has a comparison of the KQ and the Prairie 700 Vtwin (also sold as the Suzuki Twin Peaks). Overall they gave higher marks to the Prairie higher marks primarily for handling and better power off the line. They said the KQ would catch up an overtake the Prairie after a distrance. Earlier they had compared the KQ, the BF 750 and Sportman 700 (only the IRS machines). The KQ was top in that list.
-----------
p.s. Please don't start the conspiracy theory crap about all the magazines being bought off in their reviews. That line of bull has been rehashed enough in other threads.

Old 04-08-2005, 03:22 PM
Range Rover

Twins will beat the King, I'll be right behind thou. I enjoy the gas mileage of a single cylinder. Chip and Performance parts as soon as I have a selection and the dyne results come out.

I've raced a brute; he beat me hands down, even with a bigger guy on it. There was a lot of release hype about the King, I do wonder if a lot of the reviews were done on the pre-release versions. For safety. Suzuki has limited the king much. Talk of plug-in chips to by-pass the protection are in the making. Until then, performance wise, were behind the curve.

I do love my King, of course cause it's what I bought and it's mine. I know I've made the right choices. Eventually I'll add nice rims, wheels, pipes, and chips.

One thing with all the competitors I am anxious to see what next years models will bring. No matter what we buy, next years models will be better/faster. All boils down too, on the trails, not one is any better than the other. You’ll be poor if you always have to have the best.

Old 04-12-2005, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: biggerdan
I want fast, reliable, sproty feel, and wheelie capacité. whitch would you choose

Thanks, Biggerdan

If sporty feel and fast is what you want, I would say neither, The Prarrie 700 or even the Brute 650 is what I would say is your best choice. between my dad and myself we have all of the top quads out the KQ, BF750i, P700, P650, SP800, and an old sp500. We are in total agrement that for power and sporty feel the P700 is the quad to beet. Its 2nd in overall in ATV action and no.1 in sporty utes and just beat out the KQ in last months Dirt Wheels to retake its position as the "Best 4x4 money can buy" DW. If you like susuki buy a twin peaks if you like Kawi buy the Prarrie or for a bargan the BF650 is a prarie with a new name and new plastic. Between my dad and I we are always looking for the best or somthing better and so far we have not found anything better than the Prairie chassis v-twins.

Quick Reply: King Quad vs brute 750