Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Which color hides scratches best?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005 | 02:45 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default Which color hides scratches best?

About to grab my new K.Q.....whuich color hides scratches best? I am going with green. What do'yall think?

Old 04-06-2005 | 02:49 AM
Pro Rider

That is the best choice to hide scratchs. I like the red, but that's just me. I bought the red grizz cause it matched my truck. and I like red.

Old 04-06-2005 | 03:13 AM
Pro Rider

darker colors do better then lighter because they dont show dirt in the scratches. I have a mainly white polaris trailboss 325 and it definalty shows the scratches more then my blue wolverine.

Old 04-06-2005 | 09:01 AM
Pro Rider

my yellow hides nothing. my brother's black 450r still lookgs good. go with a dark color. I like the green olive color from honda.

Old 04-06-2005 | 11:50 AM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!

Camo... It doesen't scratch at all. You got to break something before it will .[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-06-2005 | 11:50 AM
|
Pro Rider

Thanks...anyone else out there?

Old 04-06-2005 | 03:07 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

Suprised they haven't come out with a simulated scratch surface. New scratches would blend right in.

Old 04-06-2005 | 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

Hmmm, I have to go the other way on this one. My Rancher was originally orange and it hid the scratches a lot better than the now green. My KQ is also green and shows a lot more scratches than the tan plastic that was the other option in 1999 when I compared them. To me it seems that when you get a scratch it'll reflect the light more against a darker color. This is why if you wipe the quad down with WD-40 or simular the scratches will go away until the stuff evaporates. JMO here. I would think white would be ok but I've never seen one. Also think how a scratch shows up on a black truck vs. a white or lighter color truck.

And I've tried some of the "scratch removers" mentioned here or somewhere and they were useless. they would sort of wet it down and make it look better for a very short while. Not worth the money IMO.

In any case I'd go with a color you like the most. In 2000 the KQ was available in Red, missed that one. I would have also preferred the Rancher in Red...my favorite color. But being a hunter, green is fine.

Rob

Old 04-06-2005 | 05:38 PM
Trailblazer

I will have to go with light colors. I have a red vinson it looks like it old and I have a yeollow kingquad and it is really scratch more then my vinson and it looks new. I know you are going to say my vinson is older a 2003 and my kingquad in a 2005 but I rode my kingquad alot more and in the woods were there are branch that realy scratch it and once I wash it it looks great. you can fell the scratchs but you can't see them. my vinson you can really see them.

Old 04-06-2005 | 05:43 PM
|
Pro Rider

PITOU...Thanks...just about everyone else says darker. The dealer says go lighter. My brother has a yellow vinson and I a green...his looks newer but I HATE the yellow color.

Quick Reply: Which color hides scratches best?