Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

2005 King Quad...ATV of the Year...the real story

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 07:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2005 King Quad...ATV of the Year...the real story

The point is that the same magazines that you praise in your first post and many others says that a machine that has its roots in a 2002 release is still better than Suzuki's latest and greatest "King" with EFI and IRS and everything else they attempted to add to it.

Pastor, the KQ is a very nice machine. You can say that all you want, just stop making a new thread of lenthy BS everyday to say the same thing. You've had your bike for about a week now, glad you like it. Now go ride it and stop telling us how much better you think it is than everything else.

Old 04-19-2005, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maddod56, Your rebuke seems to be a little out of place. if indeed you have been following what has been said you would understand that all i was attempting to do was bring clarification to this issue. i had heard from others (even before buying mine) that the K.Q. did in fact have all these "awards". Cool. I decided to investigate these claims for myself. I put some of that info. in this thread so that perhaps others might know where to access this info. My reccomendation to those who don't want to read through this stuff is to go to another thread. I am not trying to be obnoxious or arrogant. With that being said...I think i will take maddogs advice...and go out and ride!

Old 04-20-2005, 01:08 AM
Trailblazer

Hey...CC'99...The article you are refering to also had the King Quad beating the brute Force 750 in Feb. What gives...I thought that the Brute was the top of the line of the Kawasaki's. If that's true....something sounds fishy...don't ya think? Why don't we lighten up on the Pastor...how many of you guys ever got a little excited about your bike?

Old 04-20-2005, 03:03 AM
Pro Rider

I am not intentionaly picking on Pastor. I am just putting some additional facts out there. I referred to two different articles. I think you are reffering to the second one that had the BF 750i in the mix. The ATV action Article from, I think it was Febuary. In that ariticle the KQ was in a tight battle with the Prarrie and I think it was the inovation of EFI that got it the win. The Brute750 was not even in the running. Just because Kawi is calling, or intended for the BF750i to be there best, does not mean that it is. I would go as far as to say that if I was given a BF 750 free, I would yank the motor and drop it in my old P650's chassis and junk the rest. I didn't see anything fishy about it. The Bf 750i has not performed well in shootouts. From what I have seen from the seat of one, there is reason a plenty for that. IMO, it seems others might agree like the DW guys, all Kawi had to do to sinch accross the board wins again this year, was to have put there new 750 motor in the Prairrie chassis, and better yet, had the BF650 that is on the prairrie chassis have the 750 motor in it. I like the new name and look of the BF650 SRA and would have bought one if it had gotten the 750 motor. There is always next year for Kawi to pull there head out, and improve on what is know to work, and not worry so much about IRS and the compettion, Its been proven many times, that IRS is not needed to make a quad a real contender, but a good chassis is. Kawi of all Mfg should know that.

Old 04-20-2005, 08:27 AM
Range Rover

Pastor, the KQ is a very nice machine. You can say that all you want, just stop making a new thread of lenthy BS everyday to say the same thing. You've had your bike for about a week now, glad you like it. Now go ride it and stop telling us how much better you think it is than everything else.[/quote]

..Thank you, Thank you Maddog....MANY of us had wanted to say this...!!!!

Old 04-20-2005, 11:40 AM
Trailblazer

CC....The article was from dirt wheels in feb. 05 that pitted the K.Q. against the polaris 700efi and the kawasaki brute. The winner was the K.Q. In fact it was that particular review where they gave it "best in class". Why don't they put the prarie against the brute? It all starts to sound post humous to rate the K.Q. after giving it best in class. Just seemed kind of odd to do that. Hey trailguide, if you don't like pastors excitement, why don't you ride somewhere else?

Old 04-20-2005, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider

I think it's time for me to saddle up and hit the throttle.

Old 04-20-2005, 11:56 AM
Trailblazer

Now children...it is like, my dad can beat up your dad. Enjoy your machines whatever they may be!

Old 04-20-2005, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider

The reason Pastor is so excited about the new King Quad is because it really is that good. Having owned 23 4-wheelers and ridden many others this machine is really a great leap forward in ATV technology. It is the State of the Art in ATV's. I think Suzuki has set the bar very high with this one. If other manufacturers can top it then it is only better for us as the consumer. I cannot understand all the negative press that it gets on this forum and others. I am seriously considering selling my Honda's and buying a 2nd King. You guys who are doubters should ride one for a day.

Old 04-20-2005, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider

Actrite, I have spent allot of time on one, and I respectfully disagree that Susuki has set the bar. Kawi set the bar very high in 2001 when it released the Prairie 650 and has been raising it up all the way though 2004 when it desided to join the IRS crowd and missed the mark. I feel kawi's pryor bar is still there, and that is what is now being brought to light in the May DW Face Off. Thats not to say the KQ is not now right there with it. The KQ is just there in a little different way that will apeal to a little different buyer. If Suki had used one of there V-twins and offered it in both the vinson SRA chassis and the KQ IRS chassis they would own the market IMO. The thing I like least about the KQ is its single and all that vibration. Its hard for me to go from the ultra smooth power and vibration free feel of a V-twin to the KQ and not be disapointed. I notice last Sunday when I was on my dads KQ, how it had allot of engine vibration in slow trail manoovers, that headlight pod would shake so bad you could not possably read it at certan low RPM ranges. I am still diapointed in all the other manufacures for sticking with big singles. I think the V-twin has spoiled me for ever.

quadessence, I was refering to an ATV action article that put the KQvsP700vsBF750. I know the article you are talking about, and do not know why the P700 or twin peaks was left out. But the KQ won that shootout and by a good margin. So what would have been the point in bringing back the loosers of that match, to face off against last years winner in the May 05' issue's face off. I think ATV action said it well in there conclusion that If you like a little sportier ride the P700 is the best, and you have a need for EFI & IRS then the KQ was the best, but overall gave the nodd to the KQ for its use of EFI as a new and inovative feature.

Quick Reply: 2005 King Quad...ATV of the Year...the real story