Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Mud lites on the Eiger

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mud lites on the Eiger

I just put some new 25in mudlite XT's on my Eiger and i must say they are great...i went mudding on stock tires just a day before and can say the XT's will pull through anything compared to stock..they are still very light weight...the only complaint i have is that they don't slide due to the grip...lol...also...every now and then while turning..some where in the front end is making a clicking sound...it'll only do it once or twice in a turn...would this be a bearing or a CV joint..

Thanks

Old 04-25-2005, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

bump...any of you guys have ideas on the problem?

Thanks again

Old 04-26-2005, 02:24 AM
Pro Rider

A bad cv joint will give popping whenever going in a left or right turn. I've never heard one just pop once or twice in a turn, but it could be a single spot going bad. Check your boots. Usually the boots go bad first allowing dirt to get into the joint. Jack the front end of the bike up and check for any play in the wheels, joints, steering, driveshaft, etc. Obviously don't do this on car ramps, put a jack stand under the center front. Examine the boots thoroughly. If all this fails jack the bike up completely on jack stands and fire it up and see if you can get sound to replicate in the garage. If you take the last route please be extremely careful. It's easier to track down the sound from a different point of view. Is the sound from the left, right or middle?

Old 04-26-2005, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

it's coming from the left front tire area...it could possibly be a bearing...i was having a little too much fun going up on two wheels and driving...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 04-27-2005, 03:13 AM
Pro Rider

Been there done this. it was my wheel bearings. I have 589s and wow what a diffference. No more powerslides with ease and the fronts get so much traction that it can make it handle funny.

Old 04-27-2005, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider

ok thanks alot....are these easy to replace....I pretty much have all the tools needed...i've just never worked on a 4x4...anything speacial i should know about..thanks alot guys

Old 04-28-2005, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider

Depends on what you think is easy, you have to pop the ball joints out and the tie rod end off. Other than that its pretty standard.

Old 04-28-2005, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider

alrighty..thanks

Old 05-04-2005, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

ok...i ordered the bearings...if they don't work and it's a CV...how hard is that to replace....or is it fairly striaght forward...thanks guys

Old 05-06-2005, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

The hardest part about replacing a 1/2 shaft is the money that you spend. All you need is to go through the same process as replacing your wheel bearings and when you get to the part of pulling the shaft ijust needs to be popped out with a good tug. It has a splined shaft with a clip on the end.

Quick Reply: Mud lites on the Eiger