Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Steering on the New K.Q.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering on the New K.Q.

Rode this beast fairly hard today...simply a joy to ride in every way. With that being said, I noticed that when accelerating into turns or out of turns and then having to slow down quickly that the steering is VERY responsive, probably more than any quad I have ever ridden. The width on the handlebars is much different between the Vinson and the K.Q. The K.Q. is much shorter, kind of like the polaris H.O.'s. This appears to make the steering a important factor when taking turns. i don't feel that this bike is remotely "tippy" however, if it was at all it would probably be due to the "tight" and "touchy" steering. What do some of you fellow K.Q. owners think?

Old 04-26-2005, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Pastor, I have both a vinson and a kingquad and it's amazing the difference between the two. I loved the way the vinson handled until I got the k/q. The k/q feels like a giant sport quad in 2wd when trail riding. I do think the vinson is a little more stable at a higher rate of speed, probably do to less squat from the s.r.a. .

Old 04-26-2005, 12:33 PM
Range Rover

The steering is very easy. When i catch a rut, i feel like i'm gonna get thrown off. Great for trail riding.

Old 04-26-2005, 09:44 PM
Trailblazer

yeah i've had mine almost throw me a couple of times because of that quick steering expecially at higher speeds but i still think it's the greatest most fun to ride machine i've ever ridin and honestly after going from an eiger to a KQ it scares the hell out of me not used to the front end coming up god i love it

Old 04-27-2005, 06:59 AM
Trailblazer

love the king. this thing is for sure a little twitchy. seemed to be the deciding factor in dirtwheels shootout picking praire over kq. my last quad was a quadmaster 500 which was a good quad but drove and rode like a school bus. for a long days ride ill take light and twitchy every time. one trip on stock tires and they had to go. 27 mudlites took away a bit of trail manners but for the traction and ground clearance it was a good trade. i was more concerned about the front end roll or diving in corners. the tires helped but putting on hl front springs was the icing on the cake. for $75.00 and an hours work this is a mod i would put on any kq no matter what terrain you ride. a little more ground clearance, stable cornering, wont bottom out on jumps and doesnt even seem to notice when i raise and lower the snow plow. (thank the lord thats over for a while) if youre interested in the springs highlifter sells them. the kq and brute force take the same spring.

Old 04-27-2005, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider

Prj...thanks for the great post. I am going to have to do a little modding...tires and lifters....what else can you recommend?