Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Eiger vs Praire *The Showdown*

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 08:08 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eiger vs Praire *The Showdown*

I know some of you will not hesitate at all to call me a liar about this but take it how you will...

We had a poker run this past weekend...I was ridin my Eiger with a few buddies ridin a couple 650 praries and a couple Kodiak's....Anyways...the buddy ridin the prarie decided he wanted to race, so we went at it...I passed him believe it or not...I never looked down though....Once we stopped, he said he was goin 59 when i passed him....and i really blew by him...Had to be goin 62 or faster....I didnt think the eiger went over 57 or 58....

Suprised me....Like i said though...I never looked at my speed, so i cant verify...and this guy is the kind of guy who doesent like to be beat in a race...He said....and i quote..."That Eiger really impressed me a lot"

Old 05-23-2005, 11:05 AM
Trailblazer

I believe it. I knew before I got my Eiger that they had great power, I was was surprised when I completely blew away a Rancher 400 and almost beat a Rincon 650.

Old 05-23-2005, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider

yeah...suzuki really knows how to build the 400's i guess...same experiences here..just never passed one...rode his @ss all day though...he didn't like that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-24-2005, 03:36 AM
Pro Rider

I don't beleive it. Something isn't right. Give us more info so we can disect the race, I've rode both and unless he was a goober or wieghed 800lbs something just aint right. I"ve race alot of different utes and one but never ever a prairie.

Old 05-24-2005, 08:06 AM
Trailblazer

Some more info.....

I weigh about 205lbs and was by my self....

He was about 250+ and had his wife with him....150 or so....
I guarantee he could have ran with me if he really wanted...but id say with him and her on there....59 or 60 was plenty fast enough....

But the point is...I still won...lol....and he was very impressed....He talked bad about my Eiger since i got it....This was the first time i had rode with him...he was always critizing me about not buying a bigger cc bike....Changed his tune now...lol

Old 05-24-2005, 01:42 PM
Trailblazer

not sure I can believe it. Bring your eiger over to ohio and I'll smoke it with my 04 vinson . by the way where are you in west virginia? i live in southeast ohio

Old 05-24-2005, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

What size tires did he have? Somethign isnt right. There is no way an Eiger would beat a Vtwin 650. I could maybe see the Rincon 650 but not a Prarie 650. Im not trying to be smart or anything, I just cant see how its possible, without the other guy weighing 500 lbs and his tires as big as tractor tires.

Old 05-24-2005, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

Oh yeah, if you wanna race another V-twin you are welcome to come and race me on my dads Twin Peaks 700.

Old 05-25-2005, 02:19 AM
Range Rover

............It was about noon on a bright spring morning .........the high desert of Eastern Oregon, it was.
He was wearing red and silver........and I, white.
He road a Praire.............and I sat an Eiger............
The glint in his eye told me he'd been here before...........the confident grip on the throttle......a tilt to the helmet.............
I would not be denied as I eased my Eiger up next to the Praire and we both slowed to a steady 5 mph pace.............the road was long..........straight as a laser...........
As I glanced over, he gave me the look that came straight from the streets of Tombstone...........it was time.............both throttles were wide-open in the beat of a heart...........the carberators were at full song and the exhausts wailed...........................and as quickly as it began, it was over.......
I never saw that stranger again...............

Old 05-25-2005, 02:27 AM
Range Rover

..............until we got back to our trailer and we were loading up............he waited for me.

Quick Reply: Eiger vs Praire *The Showdown*