Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

z450 inside info

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 07:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default z450 inside info

just suscribed to quad offroad magazine and got thier first issue. Here is what they have to say " It's fuel injected" Those words - uttered by out suzuki insider in Japan- totally caught us offguard. He was talking about the new suzuki z450 sport quad the most anticipated release this year. It is one of the biggest secrets in the industry and there's no way we could keep it to ourselves.
Yes is has fuel injection he said quelling our disbelief. "and a whole bunch of other features that you are not going to believe" he added. "even I was surprised whe we first announced it as a goal, but we have more fuel injected models out there than anyone, so it makes sense. We have led the forefront of fuel injection technology for years".
After the fuel injected bomb was dropped on us, it got even more interesting."Our testers told us it has the best suspension they have ever ridden- even doug gust told us that it is better than all the aftermarket suspensions he has used in the past.
Suzuki is bringing some serious heat to the atv racing world. The philosophy of this release is to treat it like one of their rm250 dirtbikes all you'll have to do to race the new 450 quad is slap on some numbers and well some nerfbars. Think were bsing! Read on.
If you are a good A-level rider, you won't need to do a thing to get the best out of this machine" Our spy said. He told us when suzuki approached the z450 platform it had to exceed all the performance levels set by gusts 2004 championship winning racer. Just when we'd run out of shock, our suzuki insider incited our shock reserves here are the specs that did it:

the z450 is going to be considerably wider {by3 inches} than either the yamaha yfz or honda 450r. It is also extremely low to the ground designed to keep the center of gravity as low as possible. Wheelbase is very similar to the competion, but the quad will be much closer to the earth.

Team rider gust and jones will race it with stock A-arms, shocks, and swingarm. Why? Because each item is going to be built to full race specs. Right off the showroom floor this machine will look like it has been decked out with aftermarket suspension components. It will be equipped with wide, long travel front arms and get this a - chromoly swingarm!

We were told that this suzuki has a very trick exhaust system. When we pressed for more details, our contact got quiet. You'll have to wait and see, he said " It's that good". Though he did mention the exhaust was designed to keep the center of gravity as low as possible.

The battery compartment has been placed low on the bike somewhere. We couldn't get any specific location, only confirmation that it would be placed somewhere lower than expected.

The headlight comes off easily and can quickly be replaced with a number plate.

As of right now, the z450 will be available in yellow and white color schemes

Exclusive track ready tires are being designed just for the z450

and that is the end of the article from quad offroad magazine. It is the most informative I have read so far and figured I would share it although it is kind of long for a first post I hope you guys and gals enjoy!!

Old 07-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default z450 inside info

even though ive heard of this article before, u were the 1st ive seen to post the whole article. thanks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default z450 inside info

well most of these people on here will not believe it.i said info before about what it was going to have and people where calling it b.s

Old 07-04-2005, 08:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default z450 inside info

blackbird I hear ya that is why I put where I got it from so someone couldn't say I was just making it up. On a lighter note it does sound pretty awesome and well thought out with a chromoly swingarm and fuel injection. I think it might look real nice sitting next to my speed in the garage.

Old 07-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default z450 inside info

only thing in that article it didn't say that its kickstart only.maybe know that a mag says it they will beleive it.trust me ,its one bad ****.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-04-2005, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default z450 inside info

My neighbor is the owner on a local Kawasaki dealership here in Southern Wisconsin & I was talking with him this weekend about the new Kawasaki quads ( made by Suzuki as you all know ) & he said the 450's exist & will be released in Sept. or October. Look on Suzuki & Kawasaki web sites, only certain '06 models are shown because there is a June release ( spring ) & a Sept. ( fall ) release. Of which the 450 quads & new dirt bikes will be let out.

Also the partnership between the two companies will end in 2007.

Old 07-04-2005, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default z450 inside info

the 450s will be made seperate

Old 07-04-2005, 09:46 PM
Range Rover
Default z450 inside info

My neighbor is the owner on a local Kawasaki dealership here in Southern Wisconsin & I was talking with him this weekend about the new Kawasaki quads ( made by Suzuki as you all know ) & he said the 450's exist & will be released in Sept. or October.
The 450's do exist but will not be the same quad.

Also the partnership between the two companies will end in 2007
The partnership may officially end in 07, but they have already stopped sharing the praire/twinpeaks. I don't think they would realease a quad together for just one year. I think 07 is for the kfx 400 and everything else that they are still sharing in 06.

Old 07-04-2005, 10:12 PM
Trailblazer
Default z450 inside info

I bought that mag this weekend, pretty good stuff. It said something about the battery, so does that mean it has electric start? Sounds like a bad *** quad. I just might have to get one!!

Old 07-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default z450 inside info

yea why add the weight of a battery? if you are not going to make it electric start b/c I am sure they tried to keep it as light as possible. So I would think also that is what it means in so many words.

Quick Reply: z450 inside info