Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

New to ATV got a KQ 700

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 04:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to ATV got a KQ 700

I gotta say that this is one sweet machine. At 50 yrs old decided my back/body just couldn't take the beating that my DRZ400 bike was giving me anymore so went to look at ATVs and fell in love on the spot. Ran the heck out of it for the last few weekends and not 1 backache,,,just love it. I do have a few questions, 1. does the paper filter they use really keep the dust out or should I be looking at something like twin air or an aftermarket filter,,,and 2 is the airbox mod being discussed here just basically removing the snorkel. I am getting a billet tip for it to let the exhaust breath easier but can't seem to remove the 3 bolts on the tip for the life of me,,,,starting to strip em out,,,may have to drill em out as they seem frozen,,,,any tips for this? Being new to ATVing altogether any maintenance advice would really be appreciated.....Never knew that this thing would be so much fun,,climbs everything with ease and soaks up bumps like little pebbles....what a hoot...Clark colorado

Old 07-12-2005, 02:58 PM
Range Rover

Paper filter is ok just watch the seal around it. Change the tie rods, very weak, i bought nice ones from ebay. Don't get the power commander, i have one and it's useless. Watch the inner/outer boots for twisting especially in the winter from snow build up, been lucky so far. As for the 177$ suz belt theres people testing out a carlisle ua-401 belt that runs for around 70$ but i'll wait for the results. The only modd that will help is a timing module thats in the process of being built. I agree, this quad is great for bad backs.

Old 07-12-2005, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

You've already received my congratulations colorado, but I'll extend it again! You've made an excellent choice! If you ask too many questions about your KingQuad on this forum, you may discover the prejudice for it that seems to be in existence here. Keep the important questions for Nyroc's forum and don't listen to the Kawasaki guy that tries to tell you that your machine is inferior. Theirs have low-end lags as well, but the aftermarket has made modules for their machines, as it will for ours eventually.

Old 07-12-2005, 04:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: RedGoblin
You've already received my congratulations colorado, but I'll extend it again! You've made an excellent choice! If you ask too many questions about your KingQuad on this forum, you may discover the prejudice for it that seems to be in existence here. Keep the important questions for Nyroc's forum and don't listen to the Kawasaki guy that tries to tell you that your machine is inferior. Theirs have low-end lags as well, but the aftermarket has made modules for their machines, as it will for ours eventually.
Hey Red,,,agian thanks and no one is going to convince me that the KQ is inferior in any way, I have absolutely zero complaints about the power this thing has. Sometimes to much power only gets ya in trouble anyway. Especially when your going straight up the mountian. I do agree with your observation above and have gone through this forum thoroughly before signing up and found the kawasaki guy as stated. I think as long as yu know how to seperate the BS they both have good offerings with my preference towards the other. No slam to this forum in any way just refering to some of the flaming that goes on. I do thank all of the folks for responding with good valuable information wherever it comes from. Thanks Kegcan for your input...

Old 07-12-2005, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

Well I wasn't referring to one in particular, as there are multiple ones, but if you have a certain user in mind then we'll keep that hushed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-13-2005, 11:03 PM
Trailblazer

great choice i love mine...look into big gun exhaust.and a power commander it really helps..have fun ...

Old 07-14-2005, 02:43 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Colorado, I just picked up 2 of them with the 2.5 warren winch. Have yet to take them on anything needing the winches but, I have only had them for two weeks. They are currently sitting up in the mountains waiting for me to pick up a good 2 place trailer. I've ridden them some but not enough. Look forward to hearing of any trails you ride on that may be worth a ride myself. Who knows we may pass each other in riding. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 07-14-2005, 12:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have had them up to terry all and deckers, Terry all was a great place to break em in as you can use the throttle some while Deckers is a little slower and tougher. I now have about 120 miles on it 2 days of riding and have to tell ya it is amazing what this thing can do. Already been up some pretty tough trails and she don't wimper at all. I live in colorado springs and the places i go are fairly close so far, can aford to drive the RV to close places but them long trips are kinda shakey at 2.40 a gallon. Keep in touch and let me know when ya get a trailer and maybe we can hook up sometime to ride...Be sure and change the oil after your first good ride, I put 100 miles on it the first time i took it out but would have liked to change it at 50 or 60 miles. do the filter as well. Cheap insurance....Take care shortbus

Old 07-25-2005, 02:52 AM
Trailblazer

Must be nice...
(Can you hear my voice dripping with envy? ;-)