Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

King Quad Timing Module?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 01:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Quad Timing Module?

Anyone heard if there's anything coming up yet for the King Quad? I sure would like to get rid of that little "lag".

Old 08-11-2005, 02:11 PM
Range Rover

Still nothing. I have a feeling when one does come out it will be all over the forums.

Old 08-11-2005, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

When and if something DOES come out, you'll know about it. I'm thinking it will make the front page of USA Today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]Some are starting to say that they have lost hope that there will ever be one, but I've been assured by a few people who's words I would trust in this situation and I truly believe it's a matter of time. Diamond G Racing, the inventors of the very first ignition modules for the Kawasaki V-twins and Nyroc are just a few who have placed their faith in the future release of SOMETHING. How much of that time is the question though.

Old 08-12-2005, 12:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

It's not that bad right now anyway. After about 10 mph, mine comes on strong! It's just aggravating knowing that the potential isn't being put to use. I can't see where R&D for the timing/ignition module would be any harder / expensive than the Dobek TFI or PowerCommander. Come on aftermarket people!

Old 08-12-2005, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

Suzuki made it extremely difficult to modify because they knew sooner than later, people would be tinkering with the timing. You can easily advance the timing with a module similar to that for the Kawasakis, but that effects the fuel pressure of the EFI. I think a whole new CDI is going to have to be released that advances the EFI along with the timing to take the full advantage.

Old 08-12-2005, 09:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

I emailed VDI and Lyle says :

We are planning to start development on a replacement CDI for the King Quad, and we hope to have something by end of year.

Lyle

Looks like you were right RedGoblin. The winter rides will be fun.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-13-2005, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]I've been e-mailing VDI for about two months and received no replies. They are planning on starting development for the KingQuad CDI? Man, I was under the impression they were already hard at work on it. Hopefully by the end of the year!? What's the hold-up aftermarket!?!?!?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-13-2005, 11:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

Let's hope they really strive to get it out there fast. I just got my Dobek TFI today. I'm going to see what it's like with it tomorrow or Monday. Is tuning this thing as simple as it looks in the video? Also, do you just mount it anywhere once you have the tuning done?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2005, 08:04 AM
Range Rover

Please keep us informed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!