Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Miles/hours on the KING QUAD

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 11:43 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miles/hours on the KING QUAD

I was wondering how many miles and hours everyone has on there King.
I have 1000 Miles on my king and 115 Hours on it.
I have had 1 problem, the temp light came on a couple of time. It was a loose connection on the fan but that was an easy self fix. I take care of it but I don't baby it. It has been in deep mud and water, I've had water in the belt compartment several times. It has been at WOT several time with a top speed of 73, it is a very stable machine at that speed. I am not sure what gas mileage I am getting with it, so if any one has checked it let me know.
I ride mostly with Artic Cats and they are all impressed with the KING. They like the styling, the power, handling, and how comfortable it is and the price.
For all you people out there looking for a new quad the KING is the best choice.
LONG LIVE THE KING!

So tell me what everyone's mileage/hours are, any problems, and gas milage
THANKS!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-04-2005, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

I've got 660 miles on mine, not sure about the hours, I'm to lazy to go check[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I haven't had any real problems, besides the time it stalled one time for no reason at all, but it's really been great so far, I love the EFI and the power, a BIG step up from my Polaris 400, and I'm looking forward to this winter to give it a real test plowing my 250 foot driveway with 2-3 foot drifts of snow..sounds like fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 09-05-2005, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

ericd5155, nice post...this helps people out there like me who want an '06 KQ but are waiting on what (if anything) Honda will do when they release their flagship '06's. I am pretty much sold on a KQ though!!

not to try and change the topic, just wondering....I live in MO and drive an F150 as well ('99 4x4 stepside with ext cab) basically like yours...looking at your pics, would your KQ have fit in your bed if you didn't have the box behind your cab?

Old 09-05-2005, 11:33 AM
Trailblazer

Yes I think it will. But I would be scared that the front would hit the window. I have to load it up and go on a ride toady, I will measure it and let you know for sure. It is a close fit on the sides. I have about a half an inch on both side. I'll post some pictures when I get back.

Thanks and good luck on you new quad! I would watch the color black. I have a friend who has a Yamaha that is black. It is sharp when it's clean but it shows scratches, scuffs, and dust really bad.

Old 09-05-2005, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

thanks Eric! I appreciate it if you did have the time to measure it! If it does fit with a little room to spare I could ratchet it down to the tailgate so it couldn't slide forward and possibly hit the glass. On the color balck....same as my F150, it looks the best when clean, but it is by far the hardest color to keep clean! On an '06 KQ, I want that olive green. thanks again Eric!

Old 09-05-2005, 07:19 PM
Trailblazer

Well I have bad news! From the front tip to the rear of the rack The KingQuad is 7 foot long. The bed of the f150 step side is about 6 and 1/2 foot long so it lacks about a half a foot. I also found out that the KingQuad is no match for a tree! I was riding in some tight trails and nicked a 3" tree. It jerked the handle bars out of my hands and stopped me. It felt a little weird but was still drivable. I rode it around for about 3 hours with no problems. When I got back home and got back on pavement it was obvious there was a problem. After looking at it on level ground I noticed that I had bent the tie rod on the left side. But I think I can straighten it out. Sorry about the bad news about the size. But it might fit if you back it in. Maybe the front would hang out over the tailgate? I'll look into that also. I also put up some new pics.

Old 09-06-2005, 10:09 AM
Trailblazer

I'm getting 24 miles per gallon in my 05'.....

Old 09-06-2005, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

eric, thanks for measuring it! So it looks like I will have to have the tailgate down and ratchet the #$%& out of it!

Old 09-06-2005, 02:36 PM
Trailblazer

24 MPG That is exactly what I am getting. I would have thought that the Fuel Injection would do a little better. But still better than my truck!

Old 09-06-2005, 02:39 PM
Trailblazer

I'm not compalining at 24 miles per gallon. Its alot better than my old 400 4x4 Kodiak...got 16 mpg on it..

Quick Reply: Miles/hours on the KING QUAD